Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 08:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's finally over - primary physical custody changed

Started by hoosierpapa4, Mar 19, 2005, 03:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoosierpapa4

For those of you who remember when Waylon started these boards up and can remember his stories of trial and tribulation - I shared many of those with him in my battles to do what is right for the children of my previous marriage.

My ex wife has now "agreed" to a modification of custody which makes me the primary physical custodial parent of our two youngest children.  This after waiting 2 years to get before the judge.  It was resolved 2 hours before getting to court.  I have been doing battle with the ex wife for so long now, since 1999 to get this modification, that it seems surreal.

Way too many details to post here, but I promise you, I will post the things that swayed the decision on her "agreeing" to the change of custody as I am sure others will be interested in how it was done.  Request for Admissions was a HUGE part of it.  I will be asking Soc to post the forms somewhere that I created for my attorney - perhaps others can use it to "coerce" an "agreement" from their counterparts.

Basically, the request for admissions caused the ex to review in her head all the things that she did wrong, and either admit or deny the statement along with proof of her position.  When presented with facts that were accompanied with proof to their truth, she had no option but to admit they were correct - result: game over before it started.

Just too bad that it took since 1999 and two kids completely failing in school before she realized that she was doing something wrong as a parent (one of the kids was removed from school at her hand).

More to follow.  Prayers go out to all of you who are still fighting the good fight.

Stepmom0418

Please Please Hurry with the details!!! I am anxious to know as we just went through our first trial and we are sure that in due time there will be another one. You can read our story above. Congrats to you and your children!