Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 16, 2024, 08:24:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My pride and joy!

Started by southernthunder, Apr 25, 2005, 12:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernthunder

I have been trying to be a father for a year and a half now. While we were still together My ex-girlfriend didnt call when he when he was born, didnt put me on the birth-certificate, or even let me see him for the first 3 months .  She then claimed i beat her( just the opposite ) so we went to court. I brought up the fact she was living with her mom and step dad.
    Her step dad is on probation and not allowed around kids under 16. Her mom is a rageing alcholic. They beat each other and call the cops.  The mother is unstable and not able to take care of herself. The judge then signed an emergency order to get my son out. The cops went and got my son and brought him to me. We werent supposed to go to court for another month and the judge called my lawyer a day later and said were going to get this over with tomarrow.
    The judge ignored everything that was goin on and gave her custudy.
So i made back up with her and ended up tapeing her saying how she does drugs all the time with the kids there and all of her wittnesses lied.
   Well we dropped that court battle started to work it out ahd i was trying to get us out of that town and working in another. She ends up cheatin on me with a guy who deals drugs to her brother. The whole time she was cheatin on me she didnt have a problem with havin my son for days and weeks at time.
     We then moved to Ohio were my family is. A good family(big) and the family buisness to take over. We were here for 3 to 4 months and i came home from work and they were gone.
     I hired 2 private investagaters, one in texas and one in Mass. She ended up being in Mass, were the P.I. said it looked like a crackhouse. I got the number were they were staying and talked to her.
     She said" that UB(the crack house) hit her 4 year old in the mouth and they got kicked out, she then went to aunt marcies and after 2 weeks got kicked out, then went to aunt M ex-husbands house(all people she has never met in her life) and couldnt stay cause jurisdiction  the was in Tx."
           So now she has been in Sealy ,Tx and for 2 months she has been telling me were goin to come back to ohio. In this time i have flown to Mass. and stayed a week at a hotel with her. Ive driven to Tx twice in a month and stayed at hotels with her and had a great time and got along with each other. 2 weeks ago i was down there again and after 4 days she just said its over and you cant see your kid till the courts settle something. She wont talk to me or even let me give my son clothes and toys.   this is the short version and i need someone's help please, what do i do? Whats the fastest way i can get this resolved.

thanks for listening       southernthunder

Kboeds

Sorry to hear about your situation south, we all know how hard it can be and sometimes we aren't sure what to say.

From what you have said, I assume there is a custody order giving your ex custody of your son. Do you have visitation?

Don't fall into her lets get back together traps, you are only causing yourself more pain and she is probably just trying to get more ammo on you.

If you have visitation per your court order and she is keeping the child away from you, then you have the right to file contempt. Start in the state/county that the original court order was issued. It sounds like she hasn't spent long enough in another area to get a change in jurisdiction.
File a motion to enforce, or a motion to modify. If the two of you live in separate states. You may want to motify it to better suite your situation.

Sorry I don't have more for you at this point, maybe others can guide you better.

KB

southernthunder

Thanks for the info , I was chompin at the bit to hear from somebody.

No, i dont have any court anything nor am i even on the birth certificate.
    Can she still get me for back child support of the last 6 months even though i wasnt allowed to see him?
    I apritiate you takin the time, i need someone for some good advice. Its hard tellin whats right now that i know how this happens so much and they call it justice.

Southernthunder