Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:22:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Judge Dismissing my Support Case...Can I get my Money Back?

Started by daddywanna, Dec 05, 2008, 09:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddywanna

Need Advice?

I was late for my court date for an adjustment on my child support payments; due to me becoming laid off and receiving unemployment benefits.  I was prepared with my documents; i.e. unemployment benefit statements, job search diary, and potential job offers. 

Subsequently, the case was dismissed so I filed a notice of motion and it was thrown out!  I was told that I would have to start a new petition and start the process all over again.

I am now employed, but my question is will I be able to get that retro money back from when I was unemployed or will it be a lost?

By the way, I reside in New York...Thanks!

*iLUVmySD*

I don't know anything about New York, but in my experience with CS in Nevada they never go back in time when it comes to child support.  My husband and I had my SD for 2 years in Arizona where we lived and BM, who still was residing in Nevada, was still collecting child support because she threatened to pick her up if my husband didn't pay.  Once my husband finally filed for custody and won, we got his ongoing obligation of support ceased but he still had to pay the arrears he had accrued even though BM didn't have the child for 2 years!!!  I would guess based on this experience there is no way to get your money back.  But at least it is was going to support your child unlike our case.

mmaines

hahahahahah!

Are you kidding, or is this for real?

You didn't show up and you think the "family court" (the multi-billion dollar money laundering crime racket run by the states)
is going to give you money BACK?

You have ALOT of studying to do my friend....you're a fly caught by the big web...

Look up The Bradley Amendment on wikipedia for starters.. then google any of the thousands of parental rights groups out there ...

laryholand
glenn sacks
fathers 4 justice
ancpr
unitedcivilrights org