Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:17:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Transcript Fees

Started by cosita, Aug 22, 2005, 07:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosita

At this point I am faced with a situation where I am being forced to purchase the transcript of my case in order to appeal my case.

I understand that after I pay the $3,550.00 for this transcript the court will get a free copy and my ex wife will be able to get a copy.  I believe that this is unfair.  The courts told me that I am the one who has to pay for it since I am the one who wants to appeal.

But this is the root of the problem.  This court purposely noted wrong dates on my order and made up accusations against me that I had already proven during the trial not to be true.  I believe that the court do this with the sole purpose of forcing you to appel while generating more fees for the court.   If the court was wrong, why should I be the one with the financial burden of this transcript.

Can anyone tell me of a way that I can get the court to pay for this transcript?

Thank you

joni

many court proceedings are audio and/or video tape.  we were able to get a copy for $6.  you could always pay your own transcript person based on the tape.

contact the court house about obtaining it.

cosita

Yes, my transcript was  audio tape and I found a transcriber that will charge me $4.00 a page.  But the transcript is 900 pages.  Do the math.

My argument and anger is that after I pay for this, the courts get a free copy and my ex wife will get a free copy.

How can I avoid this.  I don't have the money to begin with and would be nice if the courts will pay for at least half.

any advise?

joni

post your question on the Dear Socrateaser Forum, he's an attorney

CustodyIQ

Hi,

I think the logic is that only the party who has a PROBLEM should pay the cost of resolving the perceived problem.  Your ex and the court would get free copies since one or both need to respond to your problem.

If you prevail on appeal, it's my understanding that it's possible to be reimbursed for your costs by the other party.

So, if your problem is identified by the appellate court as REAL, then in the end, you may break even.