Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:11:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

child support

Started by marykay123, Jun 03, 2009, 04:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marykay123

If father has child one day more then mom does that mean that child support automatically stops??

*iLUVmySD*

Not necessarily. It depends on the law in whatever state is looking at the case.

marykay123

We are in PA.  I'm on SSI so his dad does make more money then I get on disability.

grtdaddy

he makes more money? ok. he takes care of the child 51% of the time? why do you feel he should pay you if he takes care of the child over half the time? children are not income. unless i have mistaken what you are asking, it sounds like you want to be paid even though the father takes care of the child equal if not more than you?

MomofTwo

Even with equal time sharing, if there is income disparity, child support can be ordered.

Check with your local county office.

Davy

...... so are you admitting that "child support", that is unaccountable, is not really meant to

financially support a child but is really meant for the welfare of a so-called

custodial parent to run a bar tab or whatever he/she chooses.   

MomofTwo

LEGALLY, if there is an income disparity, even with equal time sharing, child support CAN be ordered.

What part of that is debatable? Do you actually have any knowledge ?

The support is for the child to have the same lifestyle and level of care at BOTH homes.

Please stop with your childish remarks to all posters who you don't agree with.

It doesn't help the person seeking help and it tarnishes the validity of this board.

grtdaddy

Quote from: MomofTwo on Jun 04, 2009, 08:30:38 AM

LEGALLY, if there is an income disparity, even with equal time sharing, child support CAN be ordered.

What part of that is debatable? Do you actually have any knowledge ?

The support is for the child to have the same lifestyle and level of care at BOTH homes.

Please stop with your childish remarks to all posters who you don't agree with.

It doesn't help the person seeking help and it tarnishes the validity of this board.

there is alot that is debatable, for one how is it the responsibility of the other parent to provide more income to the ex because they can not hold their end of the deal? the father clearly is doing his part, why should he have to supplement the ex wifes income? sounds like maybe he should have more custody and time since the mother can not afford to take care of her half of her obligation. and the only knowledge we have is what she has stated. I totally know where he is comming from.

Kitty C.

Just another reason why this website exists.........another one of those injustices that the system wants to perpetuate.  Nothing will change until the public's perception and the laws are changed.

There are certainly instances where one parent who has primary physical custody pays CS to the NCP, for this very reason....the court ordered it because their intent is for the child to have the same standard of living in both homes.  What the courts fail to realize is that unless and until the recipient of the CS accounts for where every dime of that CS went to, the recipient can spend it any way they choose.

Yes, it's is tremendously unfair and yes, it allows the recipient to keep doing what they're doing and does not give them an incentive to hold up their end of the responsibility...but it's also reality.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

marykay123

Well it's not like he provides alot of support. He only pays $123 a month. So YES i do provide most of the finanical support for the child. I am sorry i even asked this question. If i would of knew i was going to be attacked i would of never asked.