Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 08:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DH is now the primary custodial parent

Started by mshall, Jul 23, 2009, 02:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mshall

State is Georgia. Began 6 years ago as a 50/50 with Mom as the primary custodial, with full CS being paid by DH. Actual parenting time for DH has been more than 50% since beginning (gradually increased each year from 52 to 85% ytd). All parenting time has been documented since 2003, along with notes of activities/expenditures and ALL correspondence b/t DH and Mom. DH continued to pay CS.

Due to issues 9 yo was having at Mom's house, DH filed for custody modification in February w/Mom's blessing.  No longer as a 50/50, but DH with sole - again, w/Mom's blessing. Mom blew a gasket when she went to attorney's office to sign paperwork and realized she would have to pay CS. She refused to sign.

FINALLY, after 3 postponements, had mediation on Tuesday. DH is now the primary custodial with 70/30. Mom refused to pay for any of son's expenses, including any amount of CS. Though not happy about it, she ended up with small amount of CS and 50% of medical/dental expenses - nothing else.  It came down to this or going to court, and she was told by her attorney and the mediator that she would end up with full CS and 50% of ALL expenses if she went to court.  DH's main concern was custody, not the money really (though the principle of it). Mom's main concern was money, not custody. According to DH not once did she fight over the custody, only the money.

Paperwork signed on Tuesday the 21st and she's already canceled her first scheduled weekend with son.

Kitty C.

Another BM written off...........

At least the child is in a home where he's wanted for HIMSELF, and not because of the money.  Money-grubbing PB.........gives us women a bad reputation.......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

grtdaddy

sounds just like my ex, she bought a lawyer, car and thousands of dollars in cash but refuses to pay her court ordered CS. Because she really doesn't care about helping with our child. this whole process i been through has always been over money and striking against me, never was for our son. She is a deadbeat and sounds like yours is too.

mshall

Her attorney even attempted to add this verbiage to the order: "Father shall waive his rights to an income deduction order in the occurance that mother defaults on her support obligation."

DH's attorney had it reworded to say, "Father shall have the right to an immediate income deduction order in the occurance that mother defaults on her support obligation." So no motions needed, DH can go straight to the courthouse, show the order and have the IDO served immediately.

snowrose

Good job!!  You may find, though, that BM won't pay the CS or expenses.  If not, I hope that Georgia has a good program for enforcing CS payments.