Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 01:31:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Emails as evidence

Started by blackshadow, Jul 24, 2009, 04:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackshadow

Hello! I just went to court for my objection to the relocation of daughter with ex. The magistrate ruled for a family evaluation which could take 6mos or longer. She is not aloud to be removed from ohio until the case is over. If ex wants to move then she can do so but daughter shall be with me. My ex brought our daughter to court which I was so mad about but I didn't say anything the magistrate see when she came out to the waiting room to talk with the bailiff. She was NOT HAPPY!

So I didn't get to see daughter until yesterday because it wasn't my time. Everything went well she was so happy and we laughed alot together. When she went back to her mom's she text me and said " thanks for ruining my life" I was heart broken and crushed. I asked her why she felt this way and she replies with that's what my mom said. How could her mom do this to our daughter. Today I was checking my email and daughter had sent me an email stating she was so sorry for texting me that and she loves me very much. "I just want to keep my mom and everyone happy". And she just wants this to be over.  Should I show the evaluator these text messages and emails?

Thanks inadvance!

ocean

Well, yes you can try to get that into evidence. Do you have a lawyer? Does she have a lawyer? Her lawyer may object since emails can be altered...Does your daughter have a law guardian? If so, I would make an appointment to see them (if possible with daughter at same appointment) and show the email and have LG talk to daughter to get the truth.
Tell your daughter that you love her and that you will not put her in the middle. That you are fighting for her to stay and not to worry about it. How old is she? When did mom want to move? Maybe this will force her into staying...

snowrose

You can complain about mom's actions to the court and use the emails and texts as back up, but basically what you want is to ask the court to order that mom is not to talk about the case with daughter.  I'm sorry to say that that doesn't mean the order will stop her from doing that, though.

The best thing to do is probably talk to daughter.  Daughter is obviously caught in a bind and is trying to make everyone happy, which makes no one happy and causes a lot of pain.  Explain to daughter that her trying to take sides causes pain on both sides.  Explain to her that she is not responsible for making any adult happy.  Adults are adults and they are in charge of their own happiness.

I would strongly suggest you get a copy of Divorce Poison by Warshak.  The book has excellent advice on how to deal with this kind of alienation.

*hugs*

Vicky

I strongly second getting the book Divorce Poison. My husband got it for his battles and with his ex and their 7 y/o, that book if RIGHT ON! A MUST read!!!!