Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 11:20:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Paying CS even though she has dumped the kids at grandparents to live?

Started by trizy, Aug 14, 2009, 09:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggles

Quote from: nnote on Oct 05, 2009, 10:18:31 AM
Giggles,
What I don't understand is how someone could WIN a custody case just to get child support. It's that I don't understand how a judge doesn't see through that. I don't understand how someone's only interest in a child is the support that comes with it.
I know it happens. It's just makes me sick.

Well...not only are there sucky BM's (out for just the money) There are still judges out there that think only the mothers should get custody so they turn a blind eye on anything that suggests otherwise.  My X-BF PROVED to the judge that the BM had been doing drugs, got in an accident while on a drug run with the child in the car, no car seat...but still SHE got custody???  Makes you wonder huh???
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

MrCustodyCoach

Quote from: CuriousMom on Aug 14, 2009, 12:01:20 PM
From what I've read in the other threads, probably right now there is nothing you can do because the custody decision is so new.  You can't dictate what the other parent does with the children during their time unless they are in an extremely harmful situation.  Then you could push the issue. 

What?  We're talking about child abandonment here.  I would have filed for a modification after about 2-weeks regardless of when the last modification was.  These are extraordinary circumstances and to have waiting NINE MONTHS to do something about it may actually end up looking worse than it would have had they moved sooner.

They should be filing yesterday.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.