Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 11:32:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

texas motion for change of venue form

Started by Nanna, Sep 01, 2009, 06:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanna

Please help, my daughter moved 7 yrs ago to another county.  She is now faced with the need to file a "change of venue" form for a court hearing on my grandson.  The courthouse has told her she must find this form on her own but she has no idea where to look, nor do I.  Does anyone know where to find the CHANGE OF VENUE form concerning children name changes in the State of Texas??????

Davy

When I filed Prose' in Texas one was expected to know what they were doing and as such I spent many many many hours in law libraries.  DO NOT expect to be handed a formatted form.

awakenlynn

See if the state has a low income attorney service and see if they could steer you in the right direction otherwise see if any law schools have a Family Law clinic and see if anyone there can help.

Davy

Some counties have little law libraries and may have a a notebook of sample forms.  You may find info. in public or university libraries.  Like I said before, do not expect much free help.  A Tx Father's group used to have a standing relationship with the Tx Young Attorneys Association.  In addition, a father's rights group will help unless the action sought might damage a child's relationship with either parent.   

The truth is that when functioning prose' one is not expected (US Supreme Ct rulings) to function or held to the same standards as Harvard educated lawyers.