Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Here

Started by jakerr, Sep 02, 2009, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakerr

Have been divorced for a few years and have a 3 year old daughter. This is the second time that I have had to go to court. Brief history- ex  got pregant by someone else and decided to move wrong answer after seeing my attorney she witthdrew. Thought everything was straight even down to the child can not relocate unless proper things are done. That was almost exactly one year ago.  Now ex boyfriend is back in the picture somewhere-- and she went ahead and moved once again with out consent. Went back to the att and he sent a cert. letter explaining that is a no no. Filed for temp custody to me and I got it. He planned things so that when I picked her up I was not to return her until we went for a hearing. Ex was served but she said she was not right, LOL  She had her mother call and ask if she could pick her up from daycare I said no. She has decided to drive here and see if she can get her from day care. Which she can not because of court order. The daycare is one of the best in town totally secure and under survaliance. I have daughter on a schedule and she is attending preschool. She has her own room and other than the occasionally pick up by my mom and dad I take full care of her. I have my own home and a good job. I do not make tons of money but I have always paid CS and help with anything that I can. I have never missed any visitations and make ever effort to keep stablitablty  for her. I do not talk bad about her mother nor do I fight  with her mom in front of the child. 

With ex she sleeps with the BF and Mom has at home daycare, or at least that is what I have been told. I am beginning to blieve that isn't true.  The BF is not even man enough to introduce himself and seems always to be hiding in the back ground. I have a girlfirend that I have been with for 2years and we have made a home. In the past I had some drug issues but that is done a gone. Not affraid to be tested. I have changed to make things right for my child and have done it gladly. My question is and I realizes that no one can say what the judge will do at the hearing but is there anything elese that I should do? I have kept records of everything that has gone on and reciepts of everything.I live in the state of Louisana. Thank you and sorry for so long.

BrokenDad

Let me first commend you on taking the higher ground.  I hear of so many parents who just don't do the right thing when it comes to their kids.  I understand that in a lot of cases the mother is the "best parent" but not always.  I myself am going through the same thing but my ex did take the kids and move.  the nice thing about pa is they gave her two days to have the kids back in this jurisdiction with proof of residency and enrolled in school or i would have gotten full custody.  she succeeded with the help of her father.  her dad signed a bs lease and the kids slept on the floor of her friends house for two weeks until their apartment was "ready". Keep doing what you are doing and fight for your kids.  They will thank you in the end.

jakerr

Thank you I know it is hard on all of us . But the kids are the ones that pay the price the most. I will be going in the hole for all this and may have to live on bread and water but the out come will be worth it . I hope  Wish me luck.

The ex came back in town and of course you can only imagine what is happening now. The best thing is to keep things as normal as possible for the child.  Write when you can we need each others support to get through this. And we will.