Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 03:45:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need Advice on New Jersey Child Support Issues

Started by kikinguel15, Oct 13, 2009, 06:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

Mom-Of-Two, I do aplologize.  Your names are very similar, so I'm sure you can see why one would make that mistake.  I'm sure it's not the first, or the last time that's going to happen.

While my tone I would reserve for momfortwo, I do stand by the overall facts of my post - that subsequent children ARE grounds for a modification, that a child support order need not be in place for the subsequent children in order for them to apply to such modification, and that the calculations are based on an income share.  Also that Minnesota does consider the persons obligation to their other children in the calculation of child support.

Once again, I apologize for confusing you with momfortwo.  However, I disagree that my posts have "relegated this site to being useless".  The facts of my post are still true.

MrCustodyCoach

Quote from: MomofTwo on Oct 13, 2009, 07:53:44 AM
Most states do not consider subsequent children as a reason to deviate downward from the guideliens. Attitude is pretty much if you can't afford the first ones, why are you having more ??  The first children will not go without or less because their parent opts to have more children.

Actually, that's incorrect.  Most states are required to make adjustments for subsequent children because all of the children are "entitled" to child support.
Mr. Custody Coach - Win Child Custody "Better Prepared, Better Outcome"

*The opinions in this post are solely my own and do not represent the only way to address any particular issue.