Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 24, 2024, 11:35:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Results from Evaluations?

Started by cowboy crazy, Jan 25, 2006, 01:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy crazy

We had court ordered psychological evaluations done, they were all finished up mid December.  How long does it usually take to get the findings?  We are on pins and needles here but have not heard a word from the psychologist, our lawyer says to be patient!  Not that easy!
Just wandering from others experiences how long it took.

Thanks

CustodyIQ

My evaluation was 7 months long.  While our evaluator continued to meet with the mother (9 times total), it was 4 months after I last met with him (only 3 times total) until he produced the report.

We needed a continuance for our trial, due to the delay.

Boy was all that waiting quite annoying.

cowboy crazy

Oh holy cow, 7 months??? WOW!  It's been 6 1/2 weeks for us and I am about to go NUTS!!!  I hope we hear something soon!

justme73

it is not inappropriate for your attorney to write a letter to the evaluator requesting a timeframe for the completion of the evaluation.

we were ordered to eval. in january 2005. only now have we received a letter from the eval. stating that the report will be complete within 45 days.

scottsmanslassie

My husband had had a psy. evaluation done at the beginning of his daughter's custody case, and it took one to two months tops.  He only met with the the Dr. one time though, so there were no follow up visits.

seansmom

Our custody evaluation started over five months ago. My husband and I go for our first joint appt on tues. Then it will finally be over (I hope) . My attorney says the report is usually done about two weeks before trial.

Good Luck