Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 08:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

May have lost custody in MA?

Started by mustrelax, Jan 26, 2006, 04:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustrelax

Hi All,

During a very down time in my life, I was served papers while being held on bail for Assault.  No excuse, but wherever my head was at the time I do not remember what the were for.  Possibly family court.  Possibly papers stating that the X took sole custody since I got arrested.

Since then, nothing has changed.  Still paying 1200/month in CS, kids with me every weekend, etc....

Now the EX is threatining that If I dont increase payments, she and her wife will move themselves and children out of country.  She states she Sole, so Im guessing that was what the papers were for.

again, I was in a very bad place and it was irresponsible not to pay attention to the papers.  It was like "who gives a damn"?

Would I contact the local Family Court for copies?

Im in MA.

Thanks,

MR

determined

In MA custody orders are a matter of public record.  Just go down and get them yourself.

The website below is for the Probate & Family Court:

http://www.mass.gov/courts/courtsandjudges/courts/probateandfamilycourt/index.html

scroll down to your appropriate county and click on the link and it will list the courthouses and their locations.  Custody orders will be held at the County Superior Court (even if the hearing was held in one of the District Courts).  

You may still not like what you see, but at least you will know where you stand and what you are dealing with.

debid13065

If you have your docket number go to the court and take a look thru the file, copy anything you need (25 cents per).  I know you can do this in Salem (essex cty).