Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:00:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

things just got complicated...

Started by smtotwo, Mar 20, 2011, 05:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smtotwo

Dh has custody of oss, 17. Fri dh assaulted me and was arrested. I'll b filing D monday. However biomom doesn't want ss. Didn't call on xmas or his bday-3/10. Ss wants to stay with me as dh also choked him in september. I and my family are the only stability he's ever had. House isn't community property so dh won't get it in divorce like he thinks he will. TRO will be filed monday. I'm sure dh won't support ss, but ss has job. I don't know what to do!!

ocean

SS is 17 so if he wants to stay with you, should be a done deal. If you are okay with that, just allow him to stay. If SS was around for this incident, have him go with you and get RO for himself.

MixedBag

first off really sorry for what you're going through.

About SS....I think there's different answers for different ages.

Since he is 17, if HE wants and you can do this, I'd let him stay too.

When I was faced with D#3, my SS was younger and I found myself saying "there's nothing I can do."  Sure wish I could -- not convinced he's got his head screwed on straight and will make a good go of life now that he's 18......I kept apologizing when we talked and he said he understood.

smtotwo

Dh was bonded out yesterday morning. He can't have contact with me for 72 hrs. But ss has his own phone. And he hasn't even called him. I'm so mad! This kids been thru so much cuz of biomom now bullshit with dad. I just feel bad for him. And I thought the same thing. At 17 he can probably stay regardless of where dad is.

smtotwo

Grrr!! DH had a friend come get his dog. His DOG! Oh and ss is still here with me. I'm sad.

ocean

Did you get an extended RO order?
His dog??...pack his stuff and have friend come get it...clothes and all...

smtotwo

Court is friday for extending RO. And yes that wasn't even a joke. Last monday someone came n picked up his dog but left his son. I just feel horrible for stepson. HORRIBLE. His mom doesn't want him n now dad left him. I think dad n mom should get an award for their stellar parenting!!

smtotwo

Oh and I forgot...Dads unemployment ran out 2 wks ago so I'm supporting ss. I work at a restaurant and am saving boxes. Have been packing stuff already. Says the world about dad n moms priorities.

smtotwo

Another update. H brought dog home n picked up ss. I didn't give him an option,about ss not dog. Ss tried to break into a neighbors garage yesterday. They followed his footprints thru the snow. When asked he said no. They even said if he told the truth n it was him they wouldn't press charges. He lied. They called police. He admitted to police. Misdemeanor citation cuz damages were under $500. So I told H enough! He cannot stay here if I can't trust him. So dog home ss gone. Court for RO tomorrow.

MixedBag