Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Feb 21, 2024, 06:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

prevent child abduction?

Started by shellcode, Dec 07, 2011, 07:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


Me and my ex live In NYC.We have a 5 year old daughter.We have Join legal custody,she has physical custody and i have every other weekend visitation.And 2 weeks alternating summer with my daughter and the ex too.My visitation order states,''if the parent goes out of state the other parent should be notify and a number,address,should be provided."But it does not state anything about leaving the country,the ex has violated my visits numerous times,and to suspend visits, and I'm concerned because she wants sole legal custody for no reason,because she wants to travel to Dominican Republic

And i refuse to sign the passport,because we once spoke about it,and i told her i think about it,now she comes out of nowhere asking the court to grant her sole legal custody just like that!

she wants to go DR for the summer, but I'm concerned she wont be back for visitation

would i be in contempt if i dont sign?


Contempt means you violated an order by the court.  If the court hasn't ordered you to sign for the passport, then no, you're not in contempt.  She can, however take it to court and request that you be compelled to sign. 

I could be wrong but I can't see the court forcing you to sign unless they have no reason to believe she won't be back.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


There's no court order for me to sign.


She wants sole custody because then she does not need you to sign the passport papers. If you keep joint then she does. She is trying to get around it by asking for sole. Did she write in the court papers that she wants the passport?