Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 19, 2024, 07:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just HAD to tell everyone....

Started by Kitty C., Jan 26, 2012, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

The light at the end of the CS tunnel is growing brighter every day!  SS will be 18 next month and graduates in May!  He really wants to move out of BM's when he turns 18....can't say I blame him, as she shows him absolutely no respect and treats him like her personal go-fer and babysitter.  So DH wants to start the PW to get CS stopped.  Unfortunately, this has to be done through CSRU and it IS possible to file to suspend or end an order through them...except that both parties have to agree to it.   :(   Do you honestly think that BM would willingly say goodbye to $450 a month?  Hell no!  So that means filing the petition and going back to court, so I am bracing myself for the enormous frustration DH will be dealing with over the next few months.

Eventually, she has no choice....and we have plans for that money, LOL!   ;)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......


Yeah!!! Yup, start the process early. You can not just go to family court and ask for modification to terminate child support on XX date, graduation date?

Kitty C.

Nope.....new development.  SS told BM tonight that he was moving out on his 18th birthday and moving in with us.  The guilt trips have begun already.  And DH refuses to pay HER CS if SS isn't living there.  I've printed out the forms from CSRU to start suspension/termination process.....BUT, both parties have to agree in order for CSRU to approve it.  Otherwise, they have to take it to court.  And we both know that she would never agree, even if it was May and she wouldn't be entitled to it anyway.  That's $ she can't put in her pocket anymore.  So DH is resigned to the fact that he will have to call his atty. and eventually take her back to court.  The only saving grace is that thankfully it will be for the LAST time!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......


Can you start the process now with child support? Let her deny now then go to court before may? Crazy system...every state different...
In NY, child support sends custodial parent letter to prove if child is in college or reason to why it should continue, if not closes. Here we can always file in family court whenever, and not have to deal with the child support office.

lost child

In most states the law is 18 years old or if the child is still in school and ETC Why do we have to remind CS of the law. I really thought that the law is the law.It is very smart that you are starting early on this CS is never in a hurry to help when it comes to Father's request. I have heard of past cases it taking a year to stop CS >:(  If it would become law that BM or CS unit had to refund that money back things would work alot faster. I would really like to see CHILD SUPPORT UNIT have to come out of there pocket and pay back overage plus intrest and Lawyer fees if any. Can you imagine how fast CS UNIT would work and enforce the laws they set. This has to get better and one day it may. We have just have to keep fighting no matter how tired we get of the system. Just remember this "CLOSED MOUTH DON'T GET FEED". I agree she is not going to do the right thing by agreeing to this who wants to give up $450.00 a month :D . THE LAW IS THE LAW. NO matter who doesnot agree.