Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 19, 2024, 07:46:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alienated Father Needs Help.

Started by CrenshawClark, Jan 27, 2012, 05:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


I am writing anyone and everyone I can who is an advocate for Alienated Fathers. My future, JT has been alienated from his daughter, MT. Dr. J. Michael Bone and Dr. Robert Evans are working on our case with Cordell and Cordell in Tampa FL. James has not seen his daughter in almost 2 years. We have all the evidence we need. Even a social investigation that states that this is a clear case of alienation. We are over 30 thousand dollars in to this custody battle that should come to some conclusion in February, as that is when the trial is set. We are financially exhausted. We have nothing left. Our retirements are empty. We have borrowed THOUSANDS from our parents. I am having a hard time understanding why, when we have a court ordered Social Investigation that states the child is basically being mentally abused by her mother who does not have the means to care for her (She has not had a job in 10 years, supported herself on frivolous lawsuits) , that we are having to PAY someone to protect her!!

JT filed for divorce in 10/2010, She filed a restraining order with 36 hand written pages of alligations, we were told that it would be handled in family court as part of the divorce proceedings. JT was even accused of violating it once. We recived the socila investigation which clearly paints the picture of a mentally ill woman so she did not attempt to extend the injunction...cause A YEAR LATER he is still not divorced nor has he seen his daughter. The judge ordered SUpervised visitations almost a year AFTER the last time he had seen MT, and they let her refuse. I don't understand how CPS came to our house and questioned James about something the mother reported 2 years after it supposedly happened, but we have a report that says she her mother is brainwashing her and CPS isn't envolved at all?!!?!!?!!? 

Are there any charities, organizations, dads groups or anything that could help us with our financial burdens... We do not know where we will get the money to continue and we fear that MT will never have a chance to be "normal" if we don't intercede and yet, it all comes down to the almighty dollar... 



Something's not adding up here.  October of 2010 was only 14 months ago, not nearly two years ago. 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


He had been out of the house since January 2010, she would not let him "take" her EVER. So he did have a few visits in the mothers home between 1/2010 and 6/2010. After 4 months of repeated attempts to see his daughter he filed for divorce in the hopes of getting a court order.

Does that clear it up?? I did say ALMOST 2 years..


I also want to add that all investigations, the CPS case and the "Violation of the Injunction" were thrown out. James has been cleared of ALL wrong doing. He has taken all mental evaluations requested and even drug tests...all passed with flying colors.... BUT due to the "brain washing" his daughter is refusing....so we are waiting on the courts to do something about it.


Most divorces take over a year without the craziness you are dealing with. This will go on until you press the judge for a trial date. If you have a lawyer have them ask for it to be put in the trial calendar and no more hearings.

Were are you now? Is there another hearing set up? If she is not following the family court order, then you can file contempt of court for denying supervised visits.

Ask for court ordered counseling for child and father. This way he can talk to child without mom in room with a counselor who can help child sort it all out. Depending on the age of the child, it will be a hard uphill battle to fight and get rid of the brainwashing mom is causing.

Why does he have supervised visits?


Our trial date is 2/15/2012. But we do not have the money to pay the specialist to testify so we have hope the judge does the right thing. The judge ordered Supervised visitation ONLY cause they had not seen each other for about 8 months at the time. Since the child refussed the first visit, the judge has done NOTHING to rectify the situation.


Here is some icing for this "crap cake".... Cordell and Cordell informed us that our retainer is gone and they need 10K before trial in 2 weeks!!! Any sugestions on how to proceed Pro se?!?!!


Why so much for the retainer? Ask the lawyer, how much to represent you on 2/15 and that is it. Are you scheduled for a one day trial? Ask to hire them only for court dates. Some lawyers will work with you and let you do some of the leg work and evidence work.

If you do it yourself, have your old lawyer send the courts paperwork that they no longer represent you. Then call her lawyer and ask for any documentation that you should have and a list of their witnesses so you will be prepared.

Make a calendar since the judge ordered the supervised visits and highlight in once color all the days ex refused children to be available. Do you have proof of this, police reports. If you do, go get certified copies of those police reports.

Make questions for your ex:
1. Were you aware of the court order dated xx that says  the children and I will have supervised visits?
2. How come children were not ready for visit on xx dates?
3. If children do not want to go to school do you make them? Why is this different then visiting their father?


The trial is set to take 3 days!! Lisa @ Cordell and Cordell, has informed us that will cost 10k and it must be in the retainer BEFORE trial! We have depo's scheduled for Friday? Does Lisa have to come?!? At this point I am almost hysterical. I have even written my Congressman and Senators.. LOL!! As if there is anything they can do. The child refused the visitation. The mom showed up with her. BUT made sure she was asked if she wanted to see her dad by the staff everytime (we have that documented too).

Its just crazy... I just don't know what to do.


Where is the supervised visits taking place? Who ever is supervising should be having mom leave the room and child should be there with you and supervisor.

You have two choices, represent yourself on Friday as best you can or ask the court for a continuance as your lawyer is no longer representing you. This will buy you a few weeks to figure something out or hire a new lawyer for the day of the trial.