Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does uninterrupted vacation time mean no phone calls as well?

Started by blabbity, Jun 21, 2012, 11:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blabbity

Mom gave Dad 30 days notice of vacation, but no itinerary.  She's gone out of state and has left no contact info and is now ignoring phone calls.  Her new husband texted saying that their vacation time is uninterrupted and that efforts to contact the children via phone is harrassment.

Dad has already filed an order to show cause on her leaving the state with no itinerary, denial of visitation time and denial of phone contact with the kids on other occassions.  The court date is in July.  Can dad add this in as another denial of phone time?

Does uninterrupted vacation time mean no phone calls as well as no visits?

Spaceman1982

My judge would say, and has said Uninterrupted means no phone calls or other visitation arrangements and it trumps all other schedules.
Her husband however...shouldn't jump in the middle.

blabbity

"Her husband however...shouldn't jump in the middle."

This is pretty typical for him.  He's a tool  >:(

blabbity

Well, Dad just called me. He got a call from his lawyer just now to talk about the order to show cause that they're working on. He asked about uninterrupted vacation time superceding phone calls. His lawyer said it doesn't. Phone calls are still allowed, and in fact encouraged, during vacation time. So, there it is... in Utah anyway.  It's another log on the fire for Mom's violations of the divorce decree.

I know that for some people two weeks without talking to their kids is no big deal. I would have a really hard time not talking to my kids for that long. I have sole custody of my two kids... I'd never in a million years think to deny their dad phone time. It just makes no sense to me :(

Spaceman1982

Ya states interpret things differently. But if your state says that's wrong go with it!
My state (Nevada) considers vacation time like a holiday and holidays trump all else. Me personally, I don't like going two weeks without hearing from my kids, but I also don't want to stop my time at Disneyland for a call.

MixedBag

And then add that each judge might look at it differently.

Sometimes, doing the "what's good for them is also good for you" thing does the trick.  How would THEY like to be cut off for your 30 days?

Sometimes, they still don't get it.

Good luck!