Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 02:25:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cant get custody

Started by meierwg, Oct 23, 2006, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meierwg

I got divorced last August and my ex got my son. I had pictures of what the house looked like, (CPS would have came and given me my son) but the court ordered her to keep him and I would get him 3 days a week for 6hrs. When I got transfered to maine (with my new family) I went back to court to see if I could have him more and they rewarded me one weekend a month, i had to go get him and bring him home. She doesnt have to put any effort into anything. She lives in Connecticut. It is a strain on me and my new family to see him every month. I tried to get my lawyer to do more but he claims that there is nothing I can do. Help!!! any information will be nice. Ohh and the CPS in the state of connecticut calls ahead of time to warn the person that they are comming so that would give her time to clean up her act.

Sherry1

to work towards positive visitation with your son.  The fact that you moved to another state will likely make you having custody at zero percent unless CPS or the police actually remove the child from the house.  Usually the party that moves is responsible for transportation for visitation.