Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 06:17:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BM Moving 2 1/2 hours away

Started by scooby, Aug 14, 2007, 06:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooby

Hello everyone I am new to the site but am having a serious problem. Me and My exwife were divorced about 1 and 1/2 years ago but were separated for 7 years before the divorce was finalized. I have always been on time with CS and have had the kids for the better part of the summer. We currently have Shared Parenting and I try to spend as much time as possible with them, usually during the school year 2 times a week and then every other weekend. Christmas and spring break are usually spent with me or the time is shared. The problem Im having is that tonight my son mentioned that they were moving (in 2 weeks)(he's 9) 2 and 1/2 hours away. I also have a 15 year old daughter. I am beside myself as this will create a huge problem with being close to them currently they live about 10 minutes away. This is the third move that she has made in the past 4 years. She originally moved from our home took the children 2 1/2 hours away and fortunately I was able to find a job and relocate to be near them, However this time Im not able to just pick up and move. I have very recently remarried and also have 2 step children. I dont know what to do. Has any one had any experience with this? I need to get a copy of my divorce decree. We have shared parenting and it does state that she must notify the court if she is moving. What if she doesnt should i call my attorney any help would be helpful. Also in case it makes any difference I reside in Ohio.

Giggles

Call your lawyer and tell him you wish to stop her move or have the children placed with you!!  She will have to justify why this move is in their best interest and if unfortunately the court agrees to let her move, then you need to push for her to provide the transportation costs...insist on then having them EVERY weekend, she is to deliver them and pick them up.  Has she informed you in writing?  I think if she does move and doesn't notify the court, you could possibly get her on contempt, but I would speak to your lawyer ASAP first!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!