Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 03:12:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Might be mine

Started by Kevin916, Jan 24, 2008, 07:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin916

I'm 22 and recently out of encarceration.  I've gotten my life back on track and am doing well.  When I was released, I was told by an old fling that her daughter is actually our daughter.  I was excited and scared all at the same time.  Even now, two months later, the mother won't allow me to see the child.  She won't even tell me where she is so I can go pick her up.  I don't know what my options are.  She says my name is on the birth certificate, but I don't know for sure.  I am in a position that I am ready for a custody battle if necessary.  Also, the mother isn't raising the child.  The child is with her grandmother.  I want my baby if it's mine.  How do I start this process?  Any help would be GREAT.

Giggles

Good for you for wanting to be a stand up guy and a Father to your possible child.  I say possible because with out a paternity test, you don't know for sure.

I say that's your first step is to establish paternity.  You may want to petition the court for this.  The court should order the test and then Mom and/or GMa will have to have the child tested.  If the child isn't yours, then go on with your life and keep it on track!!  If the child IS yours, then you will need to probably get an attorney to establish your parental rights and that will probably trigger a full out custody battle.  BUT first things first...find out if the child is indeed yours!!
Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!