Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 02:48:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Deadbeat social worker doing nothing

Started by CDAN99, Jun 21, 2008, 10:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDAN99

Long story short, there was a long and forced absence from children due to the mother using the children as weapons.

Fastforward to 2 years ago:
The Court Order states ... the children be refered to Mr Social Worker for the continued development of Father/children relationships and implementation of further visitation. The parties shall participate in the recommended therapy and shall cooperate in the signing  releases for records and scheduling the sessions as expeditiously as possible. Order signed on 6-27-06.

It took the social worker 6 months to get records transfered from the previous social worker who was retiring. This translated into over 6 months of no contact with my children due to the system's fault. The long time without visits greatly contributed to the ongoing problem. Who is accountable?

Mr Social worker then gives me two visits with my kid, each less than an hour. He wrote a report stating this recommendation: Continue Supervised visiting until trust develops for all concerned.

Two weeks later I had one more supervised visit with my kid but that was my last one. That was over 18 months ago! The social worker said my child suddenly developed "other mental problems" and could be suicidal if she resumes visitation with me at this time. I knew real problem was PAS and the social worker refuses to see it. He always makes up BS excuses to try to protect the mother. Anyway I was forced into accepting having my kid go for treatment for the "other problems" before any visitation would resume. I stated for the record that I highly disagreed with him and that this would only serve to further alienate me and prevent the father-child relationship from occuring.

Last week, the social worker stated that he has failed and can't help my kid want visitaion. This is pure BS! I am still asking Mr. Social worker to follow the court order and give me visitation with my kid. His response was that no one can force the child to have visits with a parent. I told Mr Social worker that he has the duty and obligation of informing the court that the order is not being followed from the very beginning. Mr social worker won't even do that. Damn deabeat system! My child is now 13 years old. Is there anything I can do?

FatherTime

I was wondering which state has jurisdiction in this matter.  The laws, rules, and guidelines vary by state.  

FatherTime

CDAN99

FatherTime

One thing that I noticed in the original order was the statement:

"The Court Order states ... the children be refered to Mr Social Worker for the continued development of Father/children relationships and implementation of further visitation."

Who is accountable?
The social worker is responsible or rather being irresponsible.  

I would go back into court and make it a huge issue.  I am not an attorney, just another caring father.  I would state that the order was just that an order and not a request.  In essence, the social worker is inept.  Like a doctor, get a second opinion.  It sounds like you have a biased social worker.  

Many alienated parents overcome the alienation of their children.  But it takes TIME. Father Time.  Not wasted time.  I would also reserve a filing of a court case against the social worker's agency.  But first try going above His/her head, go to the man/woman in charge.  Take the court order, explain the delay caused by his/her agencies inability to address the court order expeditiously.  Don't mention lawsuit.

DON'T GIVE UP.

You can email me from my website. (click my name)
What county and judge(commisioner)? Email if you prefer.

Please keep me informed.
FYI...I am experiencing PAS ... I understand.

FatherTime

CDAN99

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I would like to make this a big issue in court. Problem is, I don't know where to start. What form do I fill out? I do not have an attorney but she certainly does. Furthermore, the system has loads of help for custodial parents seeking child support but nothing for parents seeking court ordered visits. Any info or suggestions welcome.

Secondly, I wanted to get a second opinion from another psycologist but the problem there is that I can't do that without a court order stating this. I also told the social worker that I wanted to see my kids treatment records but he said I have to get the court's permission first. I had previously given him an order stating that I shall have "full access to medical records of the minor children" to which he stalled by waiting to ask my ex first. My ex then wrote the social worker a letter stating that I will need the get court's permission first for this matter. So now the social worker refused to let me see my childrens treatment records.

Please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

BTW, liked your website and the song list. May I recommend that you include the entire CD entitled " No Child Aboard" by the Displaced Dads. It has some very catchy tunes! Songs and lyrics can be downloaded here:

http://www.fatherland.info/nochildaboard/