Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 08:40:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Update - especially for you Wally!

Started by Ref, May 26, 2004, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Thank all of you for your help. Dh and I went to mediation and got pretty much EVERYTHING that we asked for. Instead of the 2 weeks a summer and 1 week in the winter that PB KINDLY doled out, DH has the whole summer less 3 weeks, half of xmas break and every other holiday. Before he was required to give 30 days notice, now it is 7 for any unscheduled weekend. Before he had no right of first refusal, now he has it.

I decided to wait at the hotel for DH in hopes that maybe PBFH would be a bit cooler. I guess it kind of worked. She showed up looking haggard and being hostile. She referred to Dh lawyer by his last name only. She was arguing over Sd coming this summer for 2 days over half of her vacation. Dh pointed out the the mediator that those 2 days that she was trying to deny him were Father's day weekend. Man, I wish I was a fly on the wall! PB stated that they were threatening her and they were ganging up on her. Huh! Funny how it never dawned on her that everything she was saying was condemning. She stepped out of the room to go to the bathroom and the mediator put his hand on his head and let out a huge sigh. Love HIM!

She was given the visitation changes and she looked like she wasn't gunna budge, but then someone mentioned to her that the contempts would be dropped and she would not have to pay for legal fees. $$$. She jumped on that. She signed away.

She told DH that he was not allowed to see SD although he was flying across the country to be in her area for this because she was angry with him. DH's lawyer said in mediation" I guess you aren't going to see your daughter this weekend" The mediator's head snapped. PB said that she guessed it was ok. Unfortuately we only booked a stay for Friday night and had a flight back on Saturday. SD pleaded with Dh to stay the rest of the weekend. It would have been too expensive to stay, so we said "see you in a couple of weeks" and that was that.

Wally, I wanted you attention because I know your case is in Pensacola and I thought you might want to know the name of Dh's attorney and mediator. A bit pricy, but it seems as though a good attorney may be cheaper in the long run.

Thanks again for all of your support and advice. This page is really priceless.

wendl

I am so glad things are working out for you.

Each child deserves both parents in his/her life and not at the bms whim.
:)

joni