Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation FRUSTRATION??!!

Started by stepma, Jun 08, 2004, 01:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepma

Sorry so long....
Divorce agreement states my DH gets 2 days per month every three months for a year (which equals 24 days in 1 year right?)because son lives in another state.The year has passed... and we have visited DSS for 24 days, it just didn't take 4 visits to do it. After this is completed(within a reasonable time frame) EX is to bring DSS for a weekend to us(we pay) then a regular visitation starts starting with 1 week in summer of 2004.

The whole reason for all of this is so father and son can re-bond so son will be comfortable visiting dad out of state.......

We think its time for the weekend visit, EX thinks my DH still needs to visit out of state 2 more times.

So my questions are:

1. What counts more: amount of days visited? or how many times DH travels out of state?

2. If DH gives in and travels out of state 1 or 2 more times doesn't that mess up the whole reasonable time frame thing? we miss our 1 week here in summer and probably have to cut winter visit to 2 days instead of 1 week.

3. How does everybody else here deal with complicated visitation schedules and EXes that are trying to sever NCP and child relationship completely?

4. When do we get to the point where we can take her to court for interference with visitation?

I am just completly confused, this woman sabotages everything and she doesn't care if her son gets hurt as long as she gets revenge. She is completly unreasonable and is even doing things that would be considered P.A.S. but from what I read here if we take this and all of the other things that make her look unstable and abusive to court we still don't have a very good chance of getting custody! Thanks for any advice or similar stories with good outcomes.

P.S. Ex had phone cut off without providing new #. It took us 3 weeks to of us leaving messsages at EXes parents house before she called us back and gave a new #

Is that considered contempt ?

When she did finally call back the first thing I asked was "did you move? " she said no. But just recently(three months after the ph# incident) she sent notice that she moved. The letter was sent on May 7th, dated May 10th and stated "As of above date this is new address......." That gives us exactly 0 days of notice. I think the Decree states "60 days notice" and the last time I checked you have to give 30 to your landlord when you move.

Is that considered contempt?