Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 04:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

police officer's visititation schedule?

Started by adelphia, Aug 21, 2005, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelphia

Anyone know how or where to find visitation schedule for a rotating work shift? Husband was just hired as a police officer and we're trying to figure out how to go from a M-F work schedule to a three days on, four days off schedule.

I have searched the internet and cannot find ANYTHING. All visitation recommendations are for "standard visitation"...anyone know about anything else?

MixedBag

There isn't one for any type of shift workers.

What you have to propose is words that will work for you...

Starting from what you have now and then re-word it so that it works for you over time.

For example, if Dad has every other weekend now -- which is standard for most NCPs, propose that the words are reworded to say that "Dad has the children every other 3rd and 4th day off in conjuction with Dad's days off work.

not sure off the top of my head if that means the same amount of time with dad....but I'm hoping you get the idea.

Dad works Mon/Tues/Wed off Thurs/Fri/Sat works Sun/Monday/Tues/Wed/ off Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun

Isn't it 3 on/3 off/4 on/4 off??? to cover 24-7??

adelphia

Your answer is actually very helpful...we've been struggling with how to come up with four different proposed schedules, when all we really need to do is word it so that it fits to whatever schedule he's on.

His potential schedules are: Sun, Mon,Tues or Thurs, Fri, Sat and he could either be on days or nights on either of those shifts. So he'd either work 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. or 6 a.m. - 6p.m. Sun - Tues or Thurs - Sat (3 on, 4 off).

Every 3rd week of the month he's have to pull a Wednesday, required.

So, he may ask for the 2nd and 3rd days as opposed to the 3rd and 4th, because he could then have the children with no interference of the third Wednesday of the month, and it would give him leeway for sleep-time, especially if he's on a night schedule.

On that same thought, I think he should have it worded that he gets the children for a "--hour period". In other words, even if he has to take the time with them early or late in the days off, he will still be guaranteed to have them for the consistent time period.

The only thing that worries me is that we want to provide as much of a consistent schedule for the children as possible. I'm certain the children's mother will use that as an excuse to limit the time he has with them.

Thank you for your reply...it truly gave us some insight.

ape032

My DH is a firefighter. Works 24 hours, off for 48 hours- 7am to 7am. When he was NCP(now he is CP) his visitation catered to his work schedule. He had the kids 2 days Monday - Thursday - one day from 8-8 and another day from 4-8 and every 3rd weekend. The court order only required him to give 7 days notice as to which days he picked.