Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex spouse not honoring agreement

Started by kaylene99, Oct 20, 2005, 08:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaylene99

My husband and his ex wife agreed on splitting travel once a month which could be in the form of meeting halfway or splitting the kids' air travel cost.  This has happened 2x already.

The kids are supposed to be with us for a weekend this month.  However, ex wife now wants my husband to pay for 100% of their air travel.  She also does not want to split the kids' travel for Christmas when husband asked her.  Pretty much, she made up the rule that she will cooperate whenever she wants and that's it.  I bet this sounds familiar to most of you.

We hate to lose out on our time with the kids but being jerked around like this has gone on for too long.  This is not the first time she went back on her words or agreement.  Given that we're tired of this, do you think the kids (12 & 10) will understand why we won't see them this month?  We normally see them once a month (2x on some occasion) plus we'll see them on Thanksgiving (provided that ex wife does not deny that time).

We'd appreciate any feedback, advice, opinion you can offer.  Thanks.

joni

is this agreement in writing?  if so, then she is in contempt.

if not, you'd have to take her to court and get a judge to sign off on it.  the fact that she's done it two times already show implied consent and it may be enough to get a judge to order it.

I wouldn't wait, if she won't agree, don't change the plan again.  take her to court based on your most recent actions.

kaylene99

Actually, it was a verbal agreement between them. However, husband followed it up with an email citing some future dates (that included holidays) he wanted to have with the kids.  He didn't receive any response disputing the agreement he reiterated so we thought everything is fine and dandy.  Boy, were we wrong!  Anyway, I had my doubts that this agreement will go far and, once again, I was proven right.  My husband is livid that the ex is now going back on her words but what can we do other than continue doing what's best for the kids.  That includes going ahead and paying for their full travel this month.  

BTW, what do you call ex wives who refers to "helping out" as doing favors for ex husbands rather than doing what's best for their kids?