Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:07:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Summer Visitation

Started by Asergea, May 04, 2006, 12:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asergea

Hey Everyone :)

OK heres the scoop,
The Ex Enrolled my daughter in starting in late september about 2 months after some of the interim hearings where she was advised that the outcome of the case would result in a visitation consistant with the normal 2 weekends a month and a month in the summer.

though she was not at the time ordered.

The Early intervention was for Speech and Language, though at a year old (At the time) I'm very confused as to why that was the case.

I asked the director to pass along all reports and signed enrollment forms from the mother so I can Examine them for my records.
I don't know if that is a right I have as they include earnings from the mother.. So if anyone knows, I'd like to hear from you.

The Director said that she could be away for as much as 30 days and if nessasary would have someone come to my home during the visit to continue the course here once (Though I am a coupleof hours away)

Which I thought was nice.

So there you have it.

Thank you all :)

notnew

While my daughter spoke a thousand miles a minute as early as possible (second child), my son (first child) was slow to articulate. I remember forcing him to speak (making him ask for a cookie rather than just reaching out, etc.). While he is not a genius by any means, he is also not a dunce. He is in the Air Force now and doing okay.

So, I would tend to believe that BM got child involved in this as a way to block your visitation. You need the paperwork to back that up.

The school can block out the financial information. Under FERPA (information on this page about this Federal Law), the school has 30 days to reply. Hopefully, you will get the information sooner. You know when BM catches wind of this, she will complain to the school and most likely your great communicaiton will end.  Just keep following up with the school, be pleasant, but stern if need be. If you don't get the paperwork as discussed in a timely manner, send the school a letter reminding them of their duty under the law (sample letters on this site).

Sounds like you are on the right track. Good Luck and keep us posted!

Genie

at 1 year of age, per the averages a child should be making certain sounds and saying certain amount of words.  Now of course every child is so different. My SS didn't really start talking till he was about 3 years old but my niece said first word at 10 mos and took off talking from there with lightening speed.

Many pediatricians are fanatical about children saying so many words at so months old. I have a friend whose pediatrician yelled at her husband b/c their son wasn't saying 15 words at his 15 mos checkup and wanted them to have him evaluated for speech therapy.

My previous babysitter from when OD was a baby and getting Early Intervention therapies called them out to evaluate her daughter who was the same age as mine b/c she didn't think she was talking as she should and for some reason she qualified for speech therapy.

So the guidelines and tests must be pretty broad b/c there was a child with no disability what so ever who got the service and who I felt didn't need them but since baby sitter put up a stink she got them. So your X probably did the same thing.

Now I can see if your daughter was developmentally delayed and would say to take this into consideration when wanting 4 weeks.  But since that is not the case and you have proof it won't affect her enrollment, I say stay strong, get your proof and demand your visitation. There isn't much she can do now in my opinion since you can prove the 4 weeks won't disqualify her from being in Head Start.