Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 12:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Documenting electronically

Started by Crockpot, Jun 09, 2008, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

Does anyone have a suggestion for documenting issues with BM electronically?  DH has a notebook but I think if he could type, he'd put more detail and be more diligent about it.  I'm concerned that if it ever came to using it in court, we'd want to prove it was done legitimately and timely.

Kitty C.

I don't see what the difference would be to either write it out or typing it.  I would think that doing a 'diary' on your computer would be the same thing.  It certainly would be neater, you could keep it in better chronological order, and I agree that you would be able to detail events much better as well.  You might want to talk to your atty. and get his/her opinion.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

teacher98

There is a downloadable program called Custody Toolbox for 49.95.  Just google the name and it is the first hit.  It keeps track of parenting time, mileage, extra expenses, and information for each child.  There is a modifiable calendar as well as a journaling component. The journal comes with codes for school, medical, drop off/pick up, as well as a few others, and you can add your own. The program can print journal reports for specific key words, like "no return call," and can also print mileage and parenting time. It figures it all out according to what you have already typed in. My fiance has been using it for about 2.5 years now and it is well worth the money. I believe an updated version is coming soon.  Just be sure to save your reports in a word document and email your attorney or email to yourself each month to get a date stamp for your updated information. Good luck!

Crockpot

Thanks for the suggestions.  

I was looking at the Custody Toolbox.  Do you know if you can attach files to the journal reports (i.e. emails).  DH was asking me this.  We couldn't find anything about that the website.

Thanks!

allajody

We use the parenting time tracker provided by this site, it has helped us document many things.  I tracks parenting time on a monthly basis with a year end summary.  It allows for deviations in schedules, mileage, and comments.  

//www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.php  

MixedBag

IMHO, type it up, but print and put it down on paper.

same thing with all the e-mails

easier to use as evidence in court.

teacher98

I really don't know if you can attach emails or other files. We just keep those things saved separately.  Fiance has created a folder in his email account for school and coach correspondence. We also have a separate folder on the computer and saved to a flash drive with all typed documents that have been sent to his son's mother. The new version may allow you to attach files, however.  It is a great time saving tool.  Good luck with whatever method you choose.

Crockpot

Thanks!  I think we're going to try the software.