Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 08:12:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where to file?

Started by Crockpot, Jun 11, 2008, 06:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

DH is sending BM a bill for her half of some medical bills for the kids.  If she doesn't pay he plans on using the courts system to help collect.  When collecting on this type of debt is it done in small claimes court, or family court since it's part of their divorce?

allajody

I would send her the bill with a cc to Child support services, if they are involved.  

MixedBag

Agree.

If DHR doesn't handle it as part of child support, then I would file in Family Court.

Suggest you search on "small claims court" just on the Socrateaser part of this site because he addressed this a long time ago too.....just forgot what he said.

ocean

Yes, I did through CSE. If it is in the order already they will take it to court. You need to show the bill and proof that you sent it to her (certified mail with signature). Then wait 30 days or if it states how long in your papers...Then file with CSE. If you do not go through them for child support then file in family court.

Crockpot

Do we still use CSE if we are the non-custodial house?  We're the ones paying child support (and apparently all the ADHD meds).  Could/would they withhold CS?

MixedBag

If they handle medical reimbursements, yes.