Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 04:44:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical Benefits for children

Started by NeverGiveUp, Feb 24, 2004, 07:05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeverGiveUp

Hi Soc,

I've been paying 1/2 the cost of medical benefits for my children for almost 1 year.  The total cost was provided by my X without any evidence.  I should have questioned it from the start but I didn't.  The long and short is, I've recently taken a new job that offers great benefits including orthodontic care.  I've sent my X all information regarding my plan options and asked for the same in return.  I've gotten nothing but the run around.   All I'm asking for is her current plan details so I can compare and get the best health care for our children.  I'm quickly becoming suspicious that there's foul play afoot.  Like maybe I've been being over charged, or maybe I've been paying her for medical care that she's then being reimbursed for.

1) Am I entitled to the information I seek?  If so, how do I get it?  I only have a few days left to sign up for benefits.  She's been pulling my chain for several weeks on this.
2) If it turns out I've been getting lied to' (gee would an X do that?), is there recourse?
3) If she gives me the run around until it's too late for me to get the kids on my plan, is that just tuff for me?

socrateaser

>1) Am I entitled to the information I seek?  If so, how do I
>get it?  I only have a few days left to sign up for benefits.
>She's been pulling my chain for several weeks on this.

What is the exact text of your court order/judgment concerning health insurance and unreimbursed health care costs?

I can't answer your questions without more info.