Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 12:43:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Friend has an emergency situation

Started by StPaulieGirl, Jul 23, 2004, 01:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

Hi, hope everyone is doing well.

My friend just found out that his 15 yr old daughter had a nervous breakdown last night.  At least that is what the professionals are calling this.  She's back in the treatment center that she was placed in when she had a suicide attempt in the past.  

We all know how long these stories are, and I'm trying to come up with a short, but informative narrative about what's been going on.

My friend injures himself at work, but keeps working, which really wrecks his back.  This is approximately 10 yrs ago.

Wife meets up with tweekers, and gets hooked on Meth.

He's doing odd jobs to supplement the welfare check that his ambulance chasing lawyer told him to apply for, to save the house.  They have 3 kids.  It actually took 9 years for him to get permanent disability.

When he comes home, he finds all these bums in his house.  They're all tweeking. I'm honestly trying to keep this short, but you need to know what the backround is.

So she eventually leaves with one of these guys, and my friend is taking care of the kids in the house he is paying on.  Now the good part.  She enters rehab, and I think his sister paid for it.  It was one of those fancy places.

She comes back long enough to grab the kids and file for divorce and custody.  Mind you, these idiot friends of hers stole and sold everything they could get their hands on when my friend was gone for a couple of months, and kicked the shit out of the place.  He couldn't put it up for sale, but couldn't pay the mortgage payments.  No kids=no welfare=no money.  

He made the fatal, but understandable error of going pro se.  Of course the judge gave this ho custody of the kids.  You see, when you chase some guy who is sitting in your living room out of the house and threaten to kill him, well because you know he's sleeping with her, you have an anger management problem.

Now for the bad part.  The oldest did not want to leave her dad.  Her mother will not only not forgive her for that, but is making her life an intolerable hell.  After the court decision, mother and kids moved to Ventura County, which is a 3 hour drive from where the dad lives.  He does not get regular visitation.   The younger kids fell in line, but the oldest one won't budge.  Her emails are monitored, and she actually got a yahoo account, but her mother found out.  She got grounded and chased around the house for calling her father once.  

Her friends parents have been sympathetic, and let her call her dad from their phones.

My friend also mentioned that she was having a problem  between her bf's.  Apparently this idiot of a mother let her start dating at 13.  He also  mentioned some of the meds they have her on, like Depo Provera.  Anyway I guess she went off the deep end and kicked the crap out of her younger sister, who has belts in Tae Kwon Do.  Ouch.  Mommy went straight for the phone and had her locked up again.

My thought after the Mary Kate Olsen thing, is that if mommy can get conservatorship over that child, she'll never be able to live with her father even when she is 18.  I warned him about that 2 weeks ago, and now this. The treatment facility seems to be cooperating with him, but every time he's called, they said she's asleep.  They might have her sedated?  

I told him a couple of hours ago to call his ambulance chaser.  Be cool and don't say a word to anyone but your attorney.  He is entitled to a public defender, and his girl can get a court appointed lawyer.  This crap has to stop or she'll never make it her 18th birthday.

I have been searching the archives and can't find anything that comes close to this situation.  Anyone have any ideas about helping them out?

sweetnsad

I'm sorry SPG...I have no worldly advice or ideas on how this can be fixed...I'm no good at the legalities.  But what I can do is offer comfort and prayers for your friend and his daughter.  It's cases like these that the children would have been so much better off with their dad.  

You are an awesome friend for helping him like this.  He's so lucky to have you.  ((((((Hugs)))))

Peanutsdad

SPG,

Good to see you,, long time no see.

As far as answers,,,,you already know all the advise here, so I wont  even go there.

StPaulieGirl

Thank you, prayers are appreciated.  She's too young to have to live like that.  

I was here pretty late, so maybe I missed something in the archives.  I have to get off the computer soon, so I'll check through again later.  

StPaulieGirl

Good to see you too.  I've been juggling hand grenades for the last couple of months.  I've been toying with asking for advice with some problems we're having, but after the conversation I had with my friend, I wanted to come over here and look for  something that could be helpful to him.