Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:11:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need help with CPS visit request-this is creepier than the last time

Started by StPaulieGirl, Aug 13, 2004, 01:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

Hi everyone, I'm posting this here because I'm hoping to get some quick advice.

I received a visit from a CPS worker this past tuesday.  I listened to the usual allegations, filthy house, filthy children (son will turn 17 next month-really appreciated being called filthy), bug bites (fleas-but not a big problem), something else I can't remember.....but then she mentioned HOMESCHOOLING!  

Satan and his minion strike again.  The last time the baby was there, she told them that her and her brother were going to be homeschooled.  Well they told her that she could NOT be homeschooled.  More about that some other time.  

My kids were out of town staying with their sister.  I politely refused to let her in the house, stating that I had a right to refuse admittance.  We spoke on the porch and I answered her questions.  I can't believe how nosy she was about things like probate, etc.  I cut that short, politely explaining that it had nothing to do with the reason she was here.

I called my daughter and let her know what was going on, and that her brother and sister  had to talk to her over the phone.  He was out, but the girl did talk to the social worker on the phone.  Her sister was spitting nails and had her father paged at work.  I don't know why she wastes the energy dialing the man's number.  My son had no intention of talking to the worker, but since he came home and the worker called this morning, he had no choice.  Now I have to retrieve the youngest from her vacation, and bring her back down so the worker can see them.

Okay here is the problem.  I feel that she has no right to inspect my home.  I am in the process of packing and sorting over 50 yrs of belongings.  I have tons of paperwork, phone calls, and other time wasting crap to deal with.  Yes I know many of you all do too, but I don't feel comfortable with this woman's insistence of getting into the house.  There isn't anything to hide except years old water damage, but we're moving for chrissakes.  Everything is all over the place being sorted.  I can't get this stuff straightened out just like that.  I just cleaned all the important stuff over the weekend for a triple birthday party.

There is another thing.  She is pressuring me to sign an affidavit giving  a statement refuting the allegations.  At the original interview, I told her that I would prefer to consult legal advice before putting anything in writing.  I do not like this one bit.  The form # is DCFS 853 (Rev 5/90)  She said to me on the phone that this was for my benefit.  Riiiight.

Now I realize how important it is to remain cooperative, because I have no choice.  How do I enforce my right to privacy and redress against false and frivolous complaints?  The worker told me that they get a lot of these complaints, so they know what to expect when they go out.  This will last for the next 8 years.  I guess I should bring in all their medical cards/records/school records into the San Bernardino Co CPS office when we move, so I can introduce myself and cut to the damn chase.

Can't afford a lawyer.  Don't have time to look for one.  She'll be out next week to poke around.  The Prince of Darkness smells blood.  Like I said, they pump her for info when they aren't ignoring her.   We found out that just because my mom was mentally disabled when she rewrote the will in favor of her youngest sister it still stands because I trusted my aunt.  She played us for several years.  When she came out for the funeral, she removed papers from the house, the wills that my folks made many years ago in particular.  My aunt of all people.  Just damn.  So we'll  be staying with my daughter for several months.  If CPS shows up there, my daughter's bf will show up at her daddy's house.

Thanks for any advice....(I know a couple of things don't quite make sense but I have to get off the computer)

Brent

>There is another thing.  She is pressuring me to sign an
>affidavit giving  a statement refuting the allegations.  At
>the original interview, I told her that I would prefer to
>consult legal advice before putting anything in writing.  I do
>not like this one bit.  The form # is DCFS 853 (Rev 5/90)  She
>said to me on the phone that this was for my benefit.
>Riiiight.

SIGN NOTHING without talking to an attorney!!!!!  Never EVER believe them when they give you that bullshit about "it's for your benefit"- I've never EVER seen a case where that was true. Talk to an attorney ASAP, and DON'T SIGN ANYTHING.

StPaulieGirl

Thank you, that's what I thought.  She tried to get me to pencil whip that form Tuesday, but my brain kicked in.

This didn't happen last time.  No one asked me to sign anything.  I wonder what's up?  I mentioned to this lady that the last case was closed and I was advised to seek legal action against the ex...by her agency.  No comment from her.

I think I have a link on my bookmarks about CPS abuse.  I've seen something somewhere about a legal letter or something that you can present to social workers.

If I find it, I'll post it for everyone.  Thanks for your input, Brent.

BelleMere

so if you don't want her in the house, you can wait on that. she probably will get one, but it will give you some time.

msme

When CPS came out, she hid inside & wouldn't answer the door. She didn't respond to the notices on the door, either. After a few weeks, he called to find out what was going on. They were supposed to start action against her for the time she beat his DD's face. They told him that they dropped the case because she was never home & they couldn't interview her. No interview, no case. Go figure.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

StPaulieGirl

I fell asleep on the couch, and the next thing I know is my son handing me the phone.  My little one was in a car wreck late last night.  She and my daughter's best friend were airlifted to medical centers.  I called my daughter and she drove until she tracked down the wreck.  

She's going to be fine, but she has a broken right femur (thigh bone) and she's under heavy sedation and morphine.  They have her leg in traction to straighten it out.  I don't know what J's condition is.  There were 4 cars involved on a dark two lane hwy.  Little one was going to spend the night at J's house.  

The problem is that J is one week away from turning 21, and they found a small amount of alcohol in her blood system.  A margarita at a restaurant.  I know, because she was on a date with my daughter's bf's brother.  She's been cited for a DUI.  

We're driving out tomorrow as soon as my son does an oil change and tune up...and of course pick up some flowers,toys, etc.  I can't drive at night, and she's sedated so she wouldn't know who's there anyway.  Her sister drove down to sit with her for a while, but the puppies all seem to have gotten Parvo despite getting their shots.  It's a mess at her house, and the baby is in the midst of the terrible two's, so she's needed at home.

Sooo, after the initial shock, guess what I'm thinking next????  We're in the middle of a CPS investigation, oh God what will they think!  

Screw this.  I'll take care of it.  No one is coming into my house, no one is going to further harass me or my kids, and this case is going to be closed.

StPaulieGirl

What state was that in?  How can she get away with that?

msme

was that she was female & also the kids were not there anymore. My son already had custody of the boys & he got his daughter, by ex parte order, the day she was beaten so badly. Since there were no children in the house, they weren't about to prosecute a woman, no matter what she did.

We live in Texas.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

motivator

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  Because of my "Research" ;)  I've had to deal with the law on many occasions so here is what I would suggest:
1) Never talk to investigators!  If its child related then you have to let the investigator see the children, but you don't have to let the investigators TALK to them (in Michigan at least.).  Make them get a warrant (If its a legit complaint then your ex would have had your children talk to investigators while they were with her.).
2) Have more then 1 attorney.  Make sure they are specialized. (1) Divorce/child support, (1) Criminal, etc.  Personally I have 6 in 3 states and don't even have a conviction for speeding . ;)
3) If you can't afford an attorney then get the names of GOOD attorneys and tell Police/CPS,etc. to contact them and not to speak to you directly ( Investigators NEVER call them.).
4)  No matter how much like an idiot the investigators play you for, NEVER disrespect them!  Two reasons for that: 1)  You are currently one of a dozen cases they currently have to deal with and you don't want to be their favorite!  2)  Their job sucks!  They have to deal with REAL losers doing REAL damage to children every single day and the last thing they need is to deal with someone with an attitude.

Keep in mind that your problem is with the Court system, and sometimes your ex, it is not with the investigators.  Besides, with the huge divorce rate among investigators chances are YOUR investigator is getting screwed over by the same court system. :)

Good luck to ya!

StPaulieGirl

I'm hoping that we'll be gone by then.  The accident changes things, though.  I'm on my way back up to the hospital, but I have to take my car in for a tune up and a diagnostic.  It's doing something weird, and I can't take the chance of my car dying.

From what I've read last week on different sites, this is a civil matter not a criminal investigation.  I'm going to be at the hospital most of this week and will tell my son not to answer the door or the phone, unless he knows who it is.

I'll update the original post in a couple of minutes.