Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 02:39:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question for Admin

Started by LizaLou1, Aug 18, 2004, 08:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizaLou1

message deleted.      

LizaLou

TGB

I suppose this board is the best match.

SPARC has always advocated that BOTH parents need to be involved in their children's lives after divorce or separation. We have often worked with noncustodial mothers, but a few of them were very timid at first, fearing we would not help them because of our focus on fathers. The new moms without custody board was created for a couple of reasons. The primary reason was to take advantage of the experience of Dr. Jen, but we also wanted to make sure that noncustodial mothers know they are welcome here.

This Fathers Issues board has been here from the start. We created the Second Families board years ago when we realized that more of our visitors were women than men, and some of the second wives and significant others wanted a place to discuss their own issues. The new Moms Without Custody board was created for a group of people who are already being supported by SPARC, but really didn't have a place of their own to discuss issues.

LizaLou1

Well that's what I thought. The boards seem to balance out for all parties so I didn't understand the problem.

SPARC has been invaluable to us.  Thanks

LizaLou