Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 03:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Doccumenting Habitual Lateness

Started by lovehiskids, Feb 02, 2005, 04:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovehiskids

Dear Soc,

1. How would you recomend documenting a parent being habitually late at a pickup/dropoff point?

The point is a Gas Station. We have been buyng a soda to get a time/date reciept to prove we are on time, but we are stumped on how to doccument the other parent's lateness. We aren't talking 10-15 minutes, here. We are talking anywhere from an hour to two and a half hours late.

Thanks
LHK

socrateaser

>Dear Soc,
>
>1. How would you recomend documenting a parent being
>habitually late at a pickup/dropoff point?

Buy another soda showing the later time before you leave the gas station. I doubt that the judge would believe you would hang out at the station just so you could pick up a receipt with a two hour variance.

patton

Very interesting answer.  My attorney told me to get receipt when you arrive.  Wait no longer than 30 minutes, get another receipt when you leave and go home.

ArkStepMom

That's exactly how we do it, reciept arrived and reciept still there.  We have, in the past been able to attain police reports, but they are hesitant usually, unless you get a sympathetic officer.  We have also sent certified, return reciept letters after the fact, noting the lateness and point out that it's willfull contempt, blah blah, could she please make a greater effort, blah blah, that it's not in the childs best interest to wait because (fill in the blank).  If you get a response, hopefully they state a reason they are always late and viola...admission and proof!  Regardless of the excuse it is still contempt.  If the lates  are so frequent, as ours became, each of our letters reiterated the previous lates and added the most recent, all set up in chart form (found on this site).

Our hearing is in April (Custody mod and contempt).  We'll update on how our evidence worked for us.

Best of luck