Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 07:38:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The lovely arrearage issue again....

Started by jolawanda, Mar 28, 2005, 04:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

originating state NJ
we live in NV.
refinanced our house last fall and was forced to pay NJ 26K in blood money. NV had a judment against Mr. Jola for 11K and said they would release it once the 26K was paid.
It was, and voila. Mr. Jola lost his job and NJ states his arrearages are now 900.00 bucks. NV refuses to release the 11K judment against him until he pays the 900 bucks.

Is there some sort of interstate something stating that judments can ONLY be placed for a certain amount of CS arrerages?

If so, can you please direct me to that?
Thanks
the worst case of freaking accounting that can possible be documented. Can we count toes or use an abicus? jeeeeeezuz H.....
what can I tell ya soc?

socrateaser

>originating state NJ
>we live in NV.
>refinanced our house last fall and was forced to pay NJ 26K in
>blood money. NV had a judment against Mr. Jola for 11K and
>said they would release it once the 26K was paid.
>It was, and voila. Mr. Jola lost his job and NJ states his
>arrearages are now 900.00 bucks. NV refuses to release the 11K
>judment against him until he pays the 900 bucks.
>
>Is there some sort of interstate something stating that
>judments can ONLY be placed for a certain amount of CS
>arrerages?

No, sorry.

jolawanda

we trusted this would be taken care of (BIG mistake)

can we borrow your child of five? good lord.....................
MY suggestion to Mr. Jola again, on what you say is get it before a judge..do you suggest NJ? PLUS, the oldest person on the payroll is gonna be 23 in oct and should graduate college in May. we have NO proof since the xmommydearest refuses to confirm  college enrollment.

thanks again soc....

rums and cokes anyone? :)

socrateaser

>we trusted this would be taken care of (BIG mistake)
>
>can we borrow your child of five? good
>lord.....................
>MY suggestion to Mr. Jola again, on what you say is get it
>before a judge..do you suggest NJ? PLUS, the oldest person on
>the payroll is gonna be 23 in oct and should graduate college
>in May. we have NO proof since the xmommydearest refuses to
>confirm  college enrollment.
>
>thanks again soc....
>
>rums and cokes anyone? :)

Re college enrollment, file a motion to terminate support and then order the other parent to produce evidence confirming the child's educational status.

Re the $900, I'd want NJ CSE to give me a breakdown of what this money is for, and I'd want them to agree in writing in advance that when you pay, you are completely up to date, otherwise, I wouldn't pay.

The problem with the above is that apparently you didn't do this with the previous $26K, because if you had, then you wouldn't be having the problem you're having now. I dunno, but if it were me, I'd want to know where every penny was going before I forked over that kind of dough. I guess your husband's got lots of money to burn, because he thinks nothing of writing a $26,000 check without a full accounting, or so it would seem. In short:

1. Ask for an accounting.
2. Confirm that the calculations are correct.
3. Negotiate any discrepancies.
4. Come to a settlement agreement, or file a motion to clarify your outstanding obligation with the NJ court.
5. Pay what you owe, or get a refund -- whatever is appropriate.