Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:21:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

NV and NJ stuff

Started by jolawanda, Apr 24, 2005, 07:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

We are in the process of filing our stuff in NJ, since that is where the court order has resided since the original divorce. Kids still live there.

Mr. Jola got a letter from CSE in NV stating that he has missed a payment and that this is in pursuant of the NEVADA held court order.

How do you suggest we word it so that NV doesn't think they have the order?

AND if they do want the freakin order, NV emancipates at the age of 18 and Mr. Jola has been and is paying for the 2nd 23 year old. geezuz....Are you sure I can't borrow your 5 year old? Cause this shouldn't be this screwed up.

PS - we are filing for emanciaption of the 23 year old since we never receive verification of school. An audit of the account. What would be the best wording for the other crap?

socrateaser

>How do you suggest we word it so that NV doesn't think they
>have the order?

What exactly does the NV order say?

>
>AND if they do want the freakin order, NV emancipates at the
>age of 18 and Mr. Jola has been and is paying for the 2nd 23
>year old. geezuz....Are you sure I can't borrow your 5 year
>old? Cause this shouldn't be this screwed up.
>
>PS - we are filing for emanciaption of the 23 year old since
>we never receive verification of school. An audit of the
>account. What would be the best wording for the other crap?

I need the exact facts that you allege demonstrates that the child should no longer receive support.

jolawanda

That's just it Soc....NV doesn't have any order, it is only enforcing the NJ order that NJ created.

Stipulation w/ the kids is that Mr. Jola be given proof of school enrollment on a quarterly basis and he hasn't received any. She should be scheduled to graduate this May but, we don't have proof of that because the Mother failed to provide proof of enrollment.

socrateaser

>That's just it Soc....NV doesn't have any order, it is only
>enforcing the NJ order that NJ created.
>
>Stipulation w/ the kids is that Mr. Jola be given proof of
>school enrollment on a quarterly basis and he hasn't received
>any. She should be scheduled to graduate this May but, we
>don't have proof of that because the Mother failed to provide
>proof of enrollment.

OK, so I'm confused. Are you saying that NV is attempting to simulataneously collect the same support payments and/or arrears that NJ is trying to collect? Support and arrears are each potentially separate legal matters, so it's possible that one state is attempting to enforce a support order and the other, a judgment for arrears.

However, if you resolve the NJ issue, then you can present your orders to NV, and thereby force them to correct their books.

The only way that I can advise you is for me to be able to read all of the current orders issued from both jurisdiction. NV must have issued some sort of administrative order for it to be able to enforce support and/or arrears against you.

I undestand if all of this is too volumous to post, but without this info no attorney could give you any reasonable advice.

You realize that you have one of the most complex cases ever posted to me, so I'm not really trying to be difficult.