Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 09:50:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hope this is an easy question (s).....

Started by jolawanda, Sep 21, 2005, 07:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

Case: NJ
We live in NV

Filing for emancipation of another 23 year old.
No proof of her ever in college., even though standing court order specifies every quarter.

What if the two parties agree on emancipation?

What if they agree on the amount of CS for the last kid?

What papers get filed?

Thanks

socrateaser

>Case: NJ
>We live in NV
>
>Filing for emancipation of another 23 year old.
>No proof of her ever in college., even though standing court
>order specifies every quarter.
>
>What if the two parties agree on emancipation?

You can file a joint motion to terminate support on grounds that the parents agree that the child is emancipated, and provide a joint affidavit declaring the facts that satisfy proof of this circumstance under NJ law.

It's still up to the court to declare the child emancipated, but if you're both in agreement, then the court will probably agree. You also need to make personal service on the "child," because a 23 y o is an adult who can assert his/her own interests and try to defeat the parents' motion.

>What if they agree on the amount of CS for the last kid?

Motion to modify support on grounds that the parents agree to an amount of support that they believe is in the child's best intersts.

>
>What papers get filed?

See above.

PS. I need to express an unusual moment of frustration here about the 23 y o CHILD, and my opinion of NJ law on this particular matter.

WHAT A CROCK OF !@#$!

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

jolawanda

they are called ***adult children*** That is what the courts in NJ call them! x(

what an oxymoron statement..LOL

thanks for the info!

I could go on and on about married vs divorced and who does and doesn't get legally forced into supporting adults. ;(