Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Merry Christmas Soc and a quick question!

Started by nosonew, Dec 23, 2005, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nosonew

First... wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Secondly, one quick question.

I read on another post where you suggested the person send a reg. return receipt letter to the BM to solve an issue. To avoid court costs, time, etc. My BM is currently underemployed after 15 years of a high paying job. (Yes, the one who went to Kwik Shop).

1. Do you think something like that would be relevant in a situation where I have just hired a new child support atty to go after BM regarding underemployment?

2. If she/her atty argues the new garnishment order sent to her new employer, would it even be worth asking before having to subpoena employee and medical info?

3. If so, how would I word it? Any suggestions very welcome.

And if I had an addy for you... you would receive some wonderful homemade Christmas candy (LOTS!)! My email addy is in my profile if you would like to receive some! (peanut brittle, fudge with and without walnuts, choc. covered cherries, almond joy lumps, choc covered pretzels, white choc pretzels, haystacks... etc.) Just an FYI... And yes, this is the wife talking about the goodies! Merry Christmas!

socrateaser

>1. Do you think something like that would be relevant in a
>situation where I have just hired a new child support atty to
>go after BM regarding underemployment?

You can always contact the other party directly, unless you're a lawyer, then you have to get the other party's attorney's permission, if that party is represented.

However, I strongly suggest that you don't write anything to the other party without first clearing it with your attorney, because you may inadvertantly undermine your case or ruin a strategy that your attorney may have set in motion by some other means.
>
>2. If she/her atty argues the new garnishment order sent to
>her new employer, would it even be worth asking before having
>to subpoena employee and medical info?

The chances that the other party will voluntarily provide you will private info that would otherwise only be available via formal discovery process, is almost 0% in my opinion. Whether it's a waste of time or not, can only be known by actually sending the letter, which I wouldn't do without your attorney's prior consultation.

>3. If so, how would I word it? Any suggestions very welcome.

"Listen you !@#$, if you don't give me what I'm looking for I'm gonna bury you in discovery requests until both of us are wiped out financially under the weight of the legal costs. So, you better get off your ass and send me what I want unless you want to be having your future meals at the Union Rescue Mission!"

How'd that sound? Too strong?

Merry Christmas.