Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 10:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pushing the issue

Started by jolawanda, May 23, 2006, 11:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jolawanda

case - NJ
we live NV

we are getting ready to submit the finalization of the termination of the 24 y/o and ask for a reduction for the one kid left on the payroll.

The one left will most likely be going to college....Now, if FERPA states taht in the state of NJ, anyone over the age of 18 is entitled to a right to privacy and they w/ not enforce ferpa...But, the adult child would have to submit a permission slip to the college permitting the father, who is still paying cs to access their records. Which is absurd to say the least. So, in our motion, can we require that the kid submit this letter? AND, if she doesn't wouldnt that ultimately make HER responsible for providing grades and proof of enrollment? Reason I am going this way is you said once that the kid cannot be held accountable for the parental actions. Such as the mom blatantly not sending these things even though they are a court order. This way, if the kid is rquired to submit the letter and doesn't, then we can file for emancipation due to lack of actions on the adult childs part...
do you see where i am going?

thanks~

socrateaser

>So, in our motion, can we require that the kid submit this
>letter?

You can ask -- don't know why the court would refuse to grant the order.

AND, if she doesn't wouldnt that ultimately make HER
>responsible for providing grades and proof of enrollment?

Yes.

>Reason I am going this way is you said once that the kid
>cannot be held accountable for the parental actions. Such as
>the mom blatantly not sending these things even though they
>are a court order. This way, if the kid is rquired to submit
>the letter and doesn't, then we can file for emancipation due
>to lack of actions on the adult childs part...
>do you see where i am going?

If the child is an adult under NJ law, then you could move to join the child as a party and/or to remove the parent. I don't know how NJ would rule, because of its anacronistic customs.

And, you can request that the child provide you with access to school records and a copy of any all related records. I just don't know where the NJ court draws its lines in matters like this.

jolawanda

case - NJ
we live NV

we are getting ready to submit the finalization of the termination of the 24 y/o and ask for a reduction for the one kid left on the payroll.

The one left will most likely be going to college....Now, if FERPA states taht in the state of NJ, anyone over the age of 18 is entitled to a right to privacy and they w/ not enforce ferpa...But, the adult child would have to submit a permission slip to the college permitting the father, who is still paying cs to access their records. Which is absurd to say the least. So, in our motion, can we require that the kid submit this letter? AND, if she doesn't wouldnt that ultimately make HER responsible for providing grades and proof of enrollment? Reason I am going this way is you said once that the kid cannot be held accountable for the parental actions. Such as the mom blatantly not sending these things even though they are a court order. This way, if the kid is rquired to submit the letter and doesn't, then we can file for emancipation due to lack of actions on the adult childs part...
do you see where i am going?

thanks~

socrateaser

>So, in our motion, can we require that the kid submit this
>letter?

You can ask -- don't know why the court would refuse to grant the order.

AND, if she doesn't wouldnt that ultimately make HER
>responsible for providing grades and proof of enrollment?

Yes.

>Reason I am going this way is you said once that the kid
>cannot be held accountable for the parental actions. Such as
>the mom blatantly not sending these things even though they
>are a court order. This way, if the kid is rquired to submit
>the letter and doesn't, then we can file for emancipation due
>to lack of actions on the adult childs part...
>do you see where i am going?

If the child is an adult under NJ law, then you could move to join the child as a party and/or to remove the parent. I don't know how NJ would rule, because of its anacronistic customs.

And, you can request that the child provide you with access to school records and a copy of any all related records. I just don't know where the NJ court draws its lines in matters like this.