Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 01:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

state of florida

Started by jenjen, May 30, 2006, 01:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenjen

soc.

dependency case is coming to a close safe children coalition supervision will be terminated. Now the DOR is having a hearing for child support of children that were living with relative for about 5 months.

court has jurisdiction and may, upon good cause shoen and without a showing of a substantial change of circumstances, modify, vacate, or set aside  a temporay  support order before or upon entering a final order in a preceeding.   (according to fl statue 742.031 sub (4)(a).                

I want the court to set a child support amount or address this before closing case. DOR doesnt know the circumstances of children and is not concerned for there well-being. this will be two support orders on the same children and the DOR is only holding one parent responsible.    

With no assistance money is tight trying to raise children and my fear is another support order at this time will destroy this family.

question:

1. Can i file a motion with the court to address this issue?

2. If so, should the motion request that the case remain open in the best interest of the children or just file a motion to have this matter addressed?

3. How could this be worded?

thanks in advance

socrateaser

>question:
>
>1. Can i file a motion with the court to address this issue?

If you believe that the failure to set support prior to the case being closed by the "coalition" will cause you or the children to suffer irreparable harm, then you can ask for an ex parte order modifying child support at $X, pending a full hearing on the matter.

You'll need to state the precise reasons that demonstrate irreparable harm in your declaration to the court filed with the order to show cause.

>2. If so, should the motion request that the case remain open
>in the best interest of the children or just file a motion to
>have this matter addressed?

Since i don't know the exact scope of the threat you believes exists, I can't really answer your questions with any specificity.

>3. How could this be worded?

Don't know. See above.