Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

speaking of child/BM conversations

Started by janM, Jun 05, 2006, 07:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janM

I read a previous post about recording the child and the other parent and have a question or two.

Recently my exgf was jailed for a month for non-payment of CS. We are in Ohio (one-party state).

Just over a week ago she called my cell phone and asked to speak with my son (he's 7). It happened to be on speaker. She was making plans with him to visit her at the facility (not the jail, some other low-security arrangement). I didn't feel that was a good idea. She had sent a letter to him along the same lines that he has not seen. She is always making plans with him before consulting me, and often cancelling those plans so that my son is disappointed.

She then asked him if he was mad at her for being there. He said no. Then she asked him if he was mad at dad for putting her there. He said no. I took the phone from him and told BM the conversation was over and there was a heated discussion (away from child).

1. Since I have legal custody, would I be out of line to monitor her calls to my son by using the speaker phone?

2. Could I also record the calls (if I had the equipment)?

socrateaser

>1. Since I have legal custody, would I be out of line to
>monitor her calls to my son by using the speaker phone?

If there's nothing in the court order requiring privacy during the conversation, then you can notify the other parent that you will be recording or monitoring the call, and absent a court order restraining your actions, you can record or monitor.

>
>2. Could I also record the calls (if I had the equipment)?

Already answered.