Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 03:15:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thanks Soc...more questions

Started by backwardsbike, Jul 20, 2006, 02:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Dear Soc,

I have been reading here for years and have learned a lot.  You are the only attorney I trust completely.

All parties are in PA.  I have joint legal and partial physical custody of two children ages 17 and 13.

Yesterday I won in a contempt action against the CP.  Judge fined him $250 and further ordered that the counseling he ordered be participated in and "meaningful" With the result that the X not do anything else which brings another contempt action.  Considering that this judge "doesn't like contempts" in that he usually blows them off, I consider this significant.  Thank you, becasue without your advice I would have never known to pursue one.  I had to talk my attorney into it!  

The X did not show up to court yesterday at all. My attorney orderd a copy of the transcript and told me to show it to our counselor who seems to be bending to X's desire of not being in the same room with me.  The counseling,which I asked you about in another post has been going on since the last week of April.  

After the first session, when my X requested to meet privately with the counselor, we have not been fact to face.  In addtion, my sessions seemed to be about the counselor threatening, cajoling and "educating me" to drop the contempt action. When the judge asked, I had to twll him that I was unaware of any issues the X had with me.  The counselor never tells me anyhing or shares any information.

My lawyer tells me to ask the counselor if she thinks she is able to conduct this "meaningful" counseling.  If she says no we are going to someone who can do the job.

Questions:

How will X know that he has been found in contempt?  

Will this go onto his criminal record?

Will not being in court work against him?

socrateaser

>Questions:
>
>How will X know that he has been found in contempt?

Assuming the court fined him made payable to the court, then the court will send a demand notice for payment, and if he fails to pay, then he will be arrested on a bench warrant.

If the sanction was made payable to you, then you'll have to collect, but you can ask for a bench warrant from the court if he doesn't pay.

>Will this go onto his criminal record?

No, because the contempt is not part of the criminal justice system, although it is a criminal misdemeanor fine, that he's been subjected to. But the judgment of contempt will almost certainly be picked up by the three major credit reporting agencies, which is at least as damaging. And, if he seeks employment, the judgment will show up in a background check, also via the credit reporting agencies.

>Will not being in court work against him?

I think it already has, don't you?