Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:40:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CS modification--Denovo hearing

Started by backwardsbike, Aug 22, 2006, 01:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

All parties in PA.  I am NCM. I have filed to modify child support based on the fact that I am medically disabled and unable to work.  

FOr the past two years I have had long term disability coverage which had a definition of disabled as being unable to perform my own job.  After 24 months I have to be too disabled to do any job to continue getting the payments.

I hold a BS degree in rehabilitation and an LPN.  The jobs that I qualify for are not sedentary by a long shot.  With severe degenerative disc disease I must work at a sedentary job where I can frequently change my position as needed.

I have obtained aid from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation in my state becasue they beleive it necessary for me to get a master's degree in order to obtain sedentary work.

I provided a statement from my doctor regarding my disability and it says that I am not released to work.

Yet, Domestic RElations issued a order stating that I should not be granted a reduction even though my only income will be an educational stipend of $500 a month.  Out of this they feel I should be able to continue pay$150 a month support.  And on the remaining $350 I am expected to support myself and two additonal children.  CP makes 55K a year.  My income without the disability will be 6K a year.

Questions:

Aside from the statement my doctor already sent, what evidence do I need to support my claim of disability?

Would it be helpful to have a representative from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation present at the hearing?

socrateaser

>Questions:
>
>Aside from the statement my doctor already sent, what evidence
>do I need to support my claim of disability?

That should be enough for a preliminary hearing. If the court wants to try the issue, you will need expert testimony to support any documentary report.