Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 07:17:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some wording...

Started by Sunshine1, Nov 09, 2006, 05:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

Soc, I am filing a contempt on NCP for insurance information.  In addition while we are there I would like to file something else to compel him to sign papers so I can obtain passports for our children.

He has states (well his wife has stated only) that he will never sign them in fear that I am leaving the country for good.  NCP knows why we need the passports and I can effectively expalin why to a judge and I am an American and have no intention of living abroad EVER.  He knows this, he just wants to be difficult.

1.  Would this be a Motion to Compel as well as contempt ?

2.  Are these separate issues and need to be handled as such?

Help

socrateaser

>1.  Would this be a Motion to Compel as well as contempt ?

Motion to clarify that the child(ren) should be able to travel abroad on grounds that it is in their best interests. If NCP opposes, you will probably lose this motion, if there is any reason to think you might not return.

Not saying that you would do anything like this. Just saying that the judge will likely err on the side of caution, if there's any caution to err about.

>
>2.  Are these separate issues and need to be handled as such?

Yes. Contempt is a quasi-criminal action with entirely different procedural rules from a standard family law motion.