Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 02:27:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother not paying child support...

Started by cathy, Oct 21, 2004, 11:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikilax

thanks kitty and cathy!!!!

lol, SO will really start to wonder if I start taking prenatal vitamins.

I do seem to remember having low iron at some point, so that could very well be it.  I've been thinking about starting up on the vitamins.  Might as well go with the prenatals since we'll be thinking about having kids in a couple years.  It won't hurt me to get a head start.

Nik

Kitty C.

Cathy, did you know that snoring can exacerbate the possibilty of getting diabetes?  The reason is, you body uses a lot of oxygen in buring up the sugars in your body and snoring/sleep apnea can hinder that tremendously.  If you body isn't getting the required oxygen, it can't burn the sugars as well, thus alllowing it to build up.

So you've effectively eliminated one possible threat to getting the disease!  Good for you!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

cathy

I know I have put on a lot of weight, but put it down to quitting smoking (even though that was over 6 years ago!)   But I do konw I have issues with carbohydrates - and have known long before all the low-carb diets became so popular.

Anyway - my father has been diagnosed with diabetes in the last couple of years. He snores as well, and may have lead to his - but with him developing it, I probably stand a greater chance due to heredity.  So even better I got this fixed!!

One thing my doctor also said is that when you don't get proper sleep, your body doesn't produce growth hormone and your metabolism slows way down.

It is a nasty cycle.  All these things pile up against you,you gain weight, you have even less energy, and you are even less inclined to exercise or eat right cause you are overweight, which contributes to more snoring, which leads to worse sleep and spiral spiral spiral downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

joni

Your thyroid can flare up in a moment's notice.  I had mine tested last Oct 03 and then in June 04 and it was at a normal level and by August 04, it was abnormally elevated.  So you should get yourself tested again.  An abnormal thyroid can also impede fertility so that's something to keep in the back of your mind for the future when you do try.

Kitty C.

I know that one, too.  I've had to raise and lower my dosage so many times since I was first diagnosed, I've lost count!

Then again, it doesn't help when you're 'non-compliant'!  A few years ago, when I had a TSH level drawn, the PA read me the RIOT act on taking my meds.  Basically she said, 'Do you know what can happen if you DON'T take your meds?  You can have vision problems or go blind, kidney, liver, neuro-muscular, respiratory, and circulation problems, system break-downs and eventual system failures, leading to DEATH!'  She got in my face, too!  Needless to say, I NEVER fail to take my meds, regardless of how I feel.

It's like HBP.......you really have no symptoms, but if you fail to take your meds............well, I just wouldn't take that chance.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......