Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:36:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Buying Cadillac's with support

Started by leftoverinmn, Nov 27, 2004, 09:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathy

I have always thought there should be some form of accountability for CS - but yes, it be very easy to pad the bills.  But as least it would be somthing.

Now it could really get interesting when comparing it to a financial deposition.  I know when PBFH had the kids, she filled out a financial affidavit.  At the time, we were paying $1390/month in CS.  Her total expense for the kids as listed on the affidavit was around $1000.  Would have been interesting to see who she laid out the spending of the CS.

Funny thing - in one of the last conversation before we got custody of the children turned to child support.  Some how, my husband had called to discuss going to 50/50 custody (week to week) and PBFH turned it into a discussion on child support (now realize, nothing was said about cutting child support if we went 50/50 and we had not intended that at all).

Anyway, she started ranting about "fair" and that the child support didn't cover half of the kids needs.  That is was costing around $300 in gas just to take the son to school and back.

Hmmm - so these 3 kids cost over $2780/month???  Yeah - right!  Oh and let's see - half of $300 is $150 - - - so there we have a partial accounting.  Now that just leaves $1240 to go!

Now on the other side of the coin - - - we now have custody of the 2 kids who are minors, 2 teenage girls.  CS is $340/month.  Now, I really don't think it would be difficult to account for $340/month being spent on this 2 girls!!

momof2

Is this new law mentioned on the Texas Attorney General's official website?  I don't receive that much in child support, but I'm curious to read up on it.

momof2

I've searched the Texas Statutes Family Code online at http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/fa.toc.htm
and found no mention of this new law.

chasefox

I agree with you Wendy.  We the ncp, don't mind paying if the money is used for the children.  The cp should me made accountable for the (TAX FREE) money they receive.

spinner

don't mean to be looking for a fight but would sugar in the tank help her understand the money wasn't well spent ?