Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:50:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

1040 for CS calculation when joint ?!?!

Started by spinner, Jul 05, 2007, 12:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistoffolees

>you don't think the judge will wonder why I blacked out the
>company name where I work on the W2, my Address, ... my SSN
>ok
>same on the 1040 if I blacked all how does he knows it's even
>mine ? :D

I think you're begging for a contempt citation if you black out your employer, address and SSN on the paperwork you file with the judge.

HelpingHands

I wouldn't go so far as to blocking out your employer's info. The wife's irrelevant info, like DOB- SS#, etc - yes.  You start marking through stuff like you're hiding  things, you will not do well in front of the judge. You make it look like a chicken scratch document, I'd bet you will be ordered to produce a clean copy.

Just out of curiosity, who's requesting the info? The judge? The other attorney for discovery? The child support division?

MixedBag

everything relevant to YOU you have to share.

everything relevant to your spouse, black it out.

On the 1040, income is added together,

on the W-2, it's all about you and not her.

So black out JOINT information on the 1040, but nothing on your W-2.

spinner

the judge requested the info.
no CS division involved and no attorney involved just us and the judge

mistoffolees

>everything relevant to YOU you have to share.
>
>everything relevant to your spouse, black it out.
>
>On the 1040, income is added together,
>
>on the W-2, it's all about you and not her.
>
>So black out JOINT information on the 1040, but nothing on
>your W-2.

Maybe. If the judge asked for a return and you provide a redacted return, you could easily get in hot water.

Better to ask first.

spinner

what about the copy I send to the ex-wife ?

mistoffolees

>what about the copy I send to the ex-wife ?

The ex wife can get a copy of the one you file with the court anyway.

Sorry, but that's one of the side effects of divorce. You lose a lot of privacy.

As I said, ask the court clerk or an attorney, but I'd be surprised if they let you black out very much (maybe your spouse's SSN, but not much more). But since your ex has a legal right to much of the information and can get much of the rest, I think you're worrying about something that's going to happen, anyway.

Focus on the consequences - if she does something with the information and you can prove it, she can be punished. Unfortunately, just knowing that something bad happened after you gave her the information isn't proof. If she tries something, contact the company she tried to use your information with and ask them to investigate the fraud. Chances are that they'll be able to track her down.

leon clugston

when in doubt and questioning what is alleged to be legal, go look it up on the federal side. No other person, or persons is repsonsible for youre alleged debts, nor can they be held for youre alleged debts. all Information,financial and such of theres is useable or admissable, of course there is some here who will argue, but there protecting what the Supreme Court has established as absolute fact, Cooperative Federalism, its where the state are bound by the federal regs under the Cooperative agreements.

mistoffolees

>when in doubt and questioning what is alleged to be legal, go
>look it up on the federal side. No other person, or persons is
>repsonsible for youre alleged debts, nor can they be held for
>youre alleged debts. all Information,financial and such of
>theres is useable or admissable, of course there is some here
>who will argue, but there protecting what the Supreme Court
>has established as absolute fact, Cooperative Federalism, its
>where the state are bound by the federal regs under the
>Cooperative agreements.

Just to note that your view is not supported by legislation OR case law.

notnew

Black out the information pertaining to your wife, other childern, etc.

She is not entitled to your wife's information nor any other children's. The court can only compel a party to the case to provide information and your wife and others are not a party to the case.

In the alternative, I'd offer W-2's. This gives the financial information without allowing your ex the chance to do something fishy if she were so inclined.

JMHO.