Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:41:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

and we are back at it

Started by spinner, Dec 04, 2003, 08:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinner

Ok so my ex after not reading the ordewr think that I have too much time with my son so she is back in court with a "motion for amended findings". Basicaly she is realising that she is screwed got screwed.

She filed it over the 30 days +3 (filed by mail) required to do anything.

So what is that gona do ?

lucky

Did you have an order from the judge or a stipulated agreement between you two?  I can't remember, I'm sorry.

In our case, when pbfh#1 filed past the deadline, she was told by the judge too bad.

Another time, she filed the same thing as your ex and the judge looked at it and ruled that what she'd filed wasn't enough.

Hopefully, the judge will tell her too bad, she waited too long.  I would check with Soc to see if there is anything that you can or should file to make sure that the judge is VERY aware that the 30 day deadline passed.

Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

well we had an all court order, divorce decret, 15 pages long

She is asking for things on no ground what so ever.
Like: he gave him a hair cut.

What a B.....

lucky

Chances are, with those kind of complaints, the judge will simply laugh at her.  
Lucky

Lead your life so you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip. ~  Will Rogers

spinner

So here she goes, sueing me because I got our kid a hair cut and she "wasn't ready for trial" as she was pro-se so she'd like to change this and that, all BS like that.

What a joke !

She actualy ask the judge to explain to me that shared legal custody mean that she is the "primary parent" and that it's her right to decide for the hair cut and I have nothing to say.

Whaty do you all think about this all joke

lucky

I don't think the judge will do a damn thing about it.

The haircut thing (along with the primary parent crap) looks like a control issue and judges don't like that very well.  They don't like having to play referee because two adults can't get along.  

As far as her not being ready for trial -- 33 days after the ruling is too late to decide that, 30 days was the deadline.  At trial, did the judge state his/her ruling and ask you both if you understood?  If so, then she'd doubly out of luck.

These are my opinions, hopefully your judge will feel the same way, I can't see why not.
Lucky

spinner

the judge sent the order so he didn't ask us if we understood.

the thing that I don't understand is that even if it's too late, the judge still has the motion she filed for "amending the order" on his calendar.

If it's too late how come he even listen to it?

lucky

because he can.  Do you still have an attorney?  If so, have him get ready to nail her to the wall, but not make the judge feel sorry for her.
Lucky

spinner

yes I still have an attorney and he is getting ready.

I just don't get why he listen to it because he can, this is opening the door to her doing the same crap for another hair cut, who cut his nails, ... it's just UNREAL

I mean she is asking to amend the parenting plan scheduele, she is asking to have his name changed when it was just changed , ...

lucky

pbfh.  

Maybe he's just going to hear it to ensure that she is shut down once and for all.  You never know, she may get a verbal spanking from the judge for screwing around and get told that he'd better not see her again for frivolous stuff.

I don't know why.  If I was the judge I wouldn't open it up again.

Good luck, when is court?  At least she can't legally change anything till AFTER the hearing -- IF the judge rules in her favor.  If she does try, you can use that against her in this hearing.
Lucky