Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation Right for son and law.

Started by Pyle Sgt, Jan 04, 2009, 08:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*iLUVmySD*

Just let me say that I thought my husband and I had it bad with dealing with the BM of his daughter (my SD).  While my SD's BM is out of control, this takes the cake.  What I don't understand is that the local police should uphold the order.

Also it is my understanding from various experiences and research that visitation and child support are two separate issues.  Therefore visitation cannot be restricted because child support is not paid.

The only reason that I can think of that your son-in-law was not served the paperwork for the hearing is if because she asked for an ex parte hearing (where the other party is not served) which is usually granted only in extreme situations where the child is in danger.  It sounds like from the history you have provided that BM would have no problem lying to the court to get such a hearing. But from my first hand experience at least here in Arizona, there would be a second hearing where both parties appear and the respondent, being your son-in-law, would have a chance to defend himself before the judge's decision is final.

Your son-in-law should be able to get a copy of what exactly was filed to end your son-in-law's visitation rights from the local courts in order to fight against it.

Davy

As you probably already know the issues in this case already involves numerous government institutions (the judicial system, CPS, law enforcement) that exist to protect the child/family and each has failed miserably.  The failure is intentional.  Naturally, we are all civilized people expecting institutions to function on standards and statues.  Illinois operates on benign unstated social policies. Everything that happens is meant to harrass and provoke the father (and family) until there is something criminally wrong with him or he just goes away.  Know that and brace for it (like you have) and NEVER REACT.  Good job so far.   The voices of females near you are of great value.

The problem y'all have (like the rest of us) is that you're are always on the defensive and you're trying to find a way to be on the offensive.  Unless you're on the offensive, this she-parent is likely to destroy the child.

For your consideration (only you know the environmrnt and the players)  :

- criminal comptempt (documented on this site); see your State's Atty.  (another poster several years ago contacted Liza Madigan's office and was told they don't enforce those statues)
- Contact the State's Atty office in Spfld. and ask for an attorney referral but not part of the good ole boy network in the cook county jurisdiction.  Any attorney will be able to make one appearance to find cause to RECUSE the judge for being BIAS and PREJUDICE against the father and child ... my attorney (cheap) was licensed in the Supreme Ct and told the judge if he did'nt step down he would have his sorry a$$ up in front of the Supreme the next day.
- file written complaints against DCFS for not protecting the child.  It is quite acceptable to laugh at DCFS workers in their face. They're basically black booted thugs .
-  Law Enforcement is just following the training manual.  They're really on your side but probably won't do anything unless they see a child physically abused.   
- ALWAYS FOCUS on the well-being of the child in all communication / action

I grew up in a small central IL county approx. 250 miles south of Chicago but eventually relocated to Tx.   As it happens, I found myself looking up DuPage county on a map due to a divorce/custody filing.....then Morgan, Sangamon, ? Dewitt counties.  I knew the kids and I would lose heads up in family court. All 3 kids were older and articulate so we prevailed the best we could.

Note : one of the real purposes of recording devices is to try to protect oneself against trumped up false accusations.   Seldom do recordings reach an Illinois court room.

Today there's 4 grand children : 14 mos, 3 yrs., 15 and 17

American by birth ... Texan by choice .... Illinois by court order

davehudson

I feel for you. My ex wife showed up at my rogers park apartment many years after we were separated. She forced her way into the apartment and attacked me and my GF. When the police arrived I explained what she did and they said they we had to take it up with our lawyers. You can bet that if I forced my way into her place I'd still be in jail today. She's also attempted suicide many times with my daughter home and now refused to let me see her. I can't do anything unless I hire an expensive lawyer. However, if she wants more child support or anything else there's tons of FREE lawyers waiting to help her. I don't get it.