Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 04:38:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

School won't notify me of special events such as doughnuts with dads

Started by shawn, Feb 14, 2004, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

What state are you in?  Look up the specific state law regarding such things.  It actually seems to move schools and doctors more than the FERPA does.  I sent the school and several doctors a FERPA letter but I also spefically referenced state law and sent the a copy of Ohio State law.  

Ohio law states that ANYTHING they would normally send to the CP or communicate with the CP on they must also give or communicate with the NCP on.  That I reminded the school, includes monthly school newsletters.  I've had some problems since simply because the secretary of the small private school is scatterbrained but if I call her she always gets the info out to me right away.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

Stephens Dad

I've had the same problem and the only solution I have come up with is to keep calling them to see if anything was coming up.  They finally started putting the school's calendar on their web page and I can stay current without driving their staff people nuts : )